Discuss Those of you with apprentices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think no apprentice should be left on their own on a job, when passed level 2 and they are an improver then maybe, for one thing its not what the custards are paying for

Just a few years ago a new starter couldn't get a plumbing job without donating a kidney ,now it's like their doing you a favour. Tell him he can have a *** when you do especially if you don't smoke. If he's not up when you call in the morning ,drive on and don't pay him. With regard to phone I tell my wife not to ring unless someone's died.

Just an update. I went to pick him up this morning ready to have a chat with him about how he is really progressing and not how he thinks he is. Sat outside his house for 8 mins after texting him telling him I was outside ( I also told him yesterday what time I would be picking him up), so I drove off to the job. I got a text 5 minutes later asking where I was haha. My reply was I am at work where you should be, I waited for you and you never showed. I will give him a chance tomorrow to explain himself, but the writing could be on the wall for him. I could not make it any easier for him to get to work picking him up at his front door every day, if you cant be ready for the time I say then you aren't worth me spending any time on.

Just an update. I went to pick him up this morning ready to have a chat with him about how he is really progressing and not how he thinks he is. Sat outside his house for 8 mins after texting him telling him I was outside ( I also told him yesterday what time I would be picking him up), so I drove off to the job. I got a text 5 minutes later asking where I was haha. My reply was I am at work where you should be, I waited for you and you never showed. I will give him a chance tomorrow to explain himself, but the writing could be on the wall for him. I could not make it any easier for him to get to work picking him up at his front door every day, if you cant be ready for the time I say then you aren't worth me spending any time on.

Unbelievable. My local college has had to turn down so many candidates because they couldn't get an apprenticeship, and those who have one don't value it! Sad...

Foot in his arris and then if improvement doesn't last p45. End of

I blame the parents don't you.

To a degree but you teach em all the manners and good intentions under the sun but when they go to school and pick up other kids bad habits some of em forget everything you've taught them and you have to start all.over again it seems sometimes

To a degree but you teach em all the manners and good intentions under the sun but when they go to school and pick up other kids bad habits some of em forget everything you've taught them and you have to start all.over again it seems sometimes

that's no real excuse. I know for a fact we all picked up bad habits at one stage or another as kids, and they were rapidly knocked out of us.

The fault lies with the namby pamby hand wringing apologist society we're in now and the lazy fat arsed baby machines waiting for their five minutes on Jeremy Kyle. The lazy feckless fat spotty pizza faced scuzz ball who believes society should raise their kids!

What is needed is a return to the values of yesteryear when the village bobby would cuff your ear then your mum and dad cuff your other ear when you told them what had happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Those of you with apprentices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock