Search the forum,

Discuss Things you don't see anymore ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overuse/incorrect use of PTFE photos AKA Supperplumb

Ill start, white dog sh@t

Yes !!

I was talking about this with a customer last week...you never see any white dog sh'ts anymore...not like in the 80's or earlier.

My girlfriend reckons they were Poodle sh@t but after researching the subject it seems its to do with dogs diets and calcium.

Apparantly dogs used to eat a lot of bone/bones in their food and when deposited on the pavement for a few weeks the rain would wash out the organic stuff and leave a kind of fossil behind of the bone matter. This coupled with the fact that dog sh@t is now more or less always picked up or a heavy fine that its just not left out in the street as long as it used to be.

My dogs have white shyt if i give them a bone from the butchers so probably is a calcium thing

Punk rockers, 1p sweets, 99 ice creams for less than £2, Datsun cars, skin heads, buzby, Atari, bmx,

Paperboys

scrap man shouting "any old iron" roaming the streets
We've got a regular 'any old iron' man. I gave him one of those metal tool boxes full of old rusty tools from my shed only the other day.

Another thing you don't see is those 3 ducks on people's livingroom walls next to that Constable painting 'The Haywain' - just above the fishtank surrounded by multi-coloured bricks.

An honest politician

We've got a regular 'any old iron' man. I gave him one of those metal tool boxes full of old rusty tools from my shed only the other day.

Another thing you don't see is those 3 ducks on people's livingroom walls next to that Constable painting 'The Haywain' - just above the fishtank surrounded by multi-coloured bricks.

Billy Bass

Lancia Delta and Alfa Sud, eco friendly cars that degrade back to the earth. The most landfill friendly motors.

Stickers on vans saying "we're in the yellow pages"

Landlines 0926

Gold top milk

The milk bottles with Green tops

Pop crates as hop ups on site

Your mrs number in loos at local boozer!

Neck lumps

Hawking and gobbing in the gutter

Light and bitter

Watney's red barrel

Watney's party 7

fast food that doesn't defy the trade description on both counts.

Ferkin pubs

Flirty Gertie from number 30

That fit young girl I chatted up at a party in '86. By '98 it had turned into a monster so I gave it the heave ho.

Lada Riva or Skoda Estelle.

bobby's on the beat, kids playing out
Ford cortinas & a shop in the street.

no rock 'n' roll or music from the soul
just manufatured noise from a chavy arsehole.

no community no respect no pride,
no 'Great' anymore-its just 'Britain' and has since DIED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Things you don't see anymore ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock