Discuss Temporarily sealing live leaks on larger pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello gents. I'm stuck on this one so could use a few tips. I'm a maintenance engineer and the building I work in is very old which means that the majority of local isolation points are either seized or nonfunctional. Generally, a leak means isolating the whole site via the plant room or cutting in live and slamming on a lever valve which is something I would rather avoid if necessary. I have some of those Kibosh pipe clamps for 15mm and 22mm which work a treat so I am wondering what methods there are for sealing live leaks on larger pipes (28-35mm). I was thinking along the lines of a quick setting metal/epoxy? Is there such a product out there? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

Hello gents. I'm stuck on this one so could use a few tips. I'm a maintenance engineer and the building I work in is very old which means that the majority of local isolation points are either seized or nonfunctional. Generally, a leak means isolating the whole site via the plant room or cutting in live and slamming on a lever valve which is something I would rather avoid if necessary. I have some of those Kibosh pipe clamps for 15mm and 22mm which work a treat so I am wondering what methods there are for sealing live leaks on larger pipes (28-35mm). I was thinking along the lines of a quick setting metal/epoxy? Is there such a product out there? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!
When you say "leak", what are we talking about?

You can get the emergency tape never used it myself but repaired a few joints after they used it sealed and stayed dry

Reply to Temporarily sealing live leaks on larger pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
Hello, Recently I received an unusually large water bill which led me to the discovery of leaking flush valves. I have two toilets and it turned...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock