Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss sudden water pressure change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cristina

When I opened the cold water faucet in the kitchen this morning there was a sudden burst of water and air. The initial burst was so strong that water went everywhere in the kitchen, really like a mini-explosion, followed by more bursts and gurgles. This has happened about 3, 4 times in the past few months, never happened before. This is a second floor flat, and the water is from the mains. The cold water in the bathroom and the hot water do not have this issue, they are fed by the tanks. Any idea what could cause this?

Cristina

Air in the incoming pipe, has there been any works carried out yesterday in the block of flats or outside in the road.

Thames Water says that no works have been carried out. Given that the surrounding is all a huge building site I do not believe them too much

The work may not have been carried out by Thames Water, sure others will chip in later with more knowledge on this than me.

Water definitely has been turned off the mains pipe, either the one in your flats or outside your flats. Once the pipework drains a bit somewhere, then you get air and a pressure build up later and any air releases fast when you open a tap.
Not a lot you can do to prevent the splashing if water has been off previously, except maybe open tap very slightly and also consider getting a restrictive airator (the nozzle part of end of tap spout) to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sudden water pressure change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock