Search the forum,

Discuss Water in my house cut out after toilet flush in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow water shut off. Worked for a bit, but hammer returned. This morning, while the toilet was refilling and the shower was on, there was a loud thud that came from the toilet/bathroom sink area, and all of the water suddenly shut off (from the entire house). Water pressure would slowly return, but would only last a few seconds before it would drop out again. I turned the main valve off (under kitchen sink) and turned on some taps. Eventually found out that the pressure had returned to normal. Cannot replicate what happened. And the water hammer seems to have disappeared. Hoping to see if anyone knows what just happened, and how to keep it from happening again. Thanks.

Reply to Water in my house cut out after toilet flush in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock