Search the forum,

Discuss Soil manifolds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSSEP

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Im doing a job where we have installed manifold soil fittings at the base of a some soil stacks at floor level. This is so we can easily discharge the shower wastes into it (there are 5 showers). The link below is the sort of thing that has been fitted.

Waste Manifold Black SP588 | Black Pipe & Fittings | NoLinkingToThis

The site manager has now said that your not allowed run showers into it as it wont work correctly? This seems like nonsense to me but I didn't want to start arguing in case I was wrong. Anyone heard of this?

Martin

On what basis is he making this statement ???
It may not be detailed in Part H but it is in common usage to allow low level connections & avoided crossflow from other fittings.

What alternative does he suggest?

What type of site is it on Martin ? (i.e. block of flats, if so how high )

Last edited:
Hes probably got a garage full of strap bosses he needs to shift. Its a new one on me.

That's what I thought, a load of rubbish.

They are for toilets and showers in an indoor go karting centre that's opening. It's on 2 floors, but only a few sinks on the 1st floor

martin

There are many more plumbers on here with better building regs knowledge than me, but as I see it these will be fine - with hepvo's or anti-syphon traps then they are not only fine but all the T's are crossed and all the I's are dotted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil manifolds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, I'll start by saying I'll be getting a plumber out to do this but wanted some advice first. We're redoing our ground floor bathroom this year and want to move the toilet to another wall as part of that. I've cracked open the boxing around the old toilet today to see what's going on behind...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Following a first-floor bathroom remodel done poorly by a plumber in our house a couple of years ago I have stripped everything out and I'm starting over and plan to install our original 'vision' carefully and properly. I found that the 110mm vent stack was terminated just below a hole in the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I get a quick sense check on the below, always wanting to work 1 step ahead, eventually planning to add an en-suite to my existing loft conversion. Got...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock