Discuss Soil manifolds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSSEP

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Im doing a job where we have installed manifold soil fittings at the base of a some soil stacks at floor level. This is so we can easily discharge the shower wastes into it (there are 5 showers). The link below is the sort of thing that has been fitted.

Waste Manifold Black SP588 | Black Pipe & Fittings | NoLinkingToThis

The site manager has now said that your not allowed run showers into it as it wont work correctly? This seems like nonsense to me but I didn't want to start arguing in case I was wrong. Anyone heard of this?

Martin

On what basis is he making this statement ???
It may not be detailed in Part H but it is in common usage to allow low level connections & avoided crossflow from other fittings.

What alternative does he suggest?

What type of site is it on Martin ? (i.e. block of flats, if so how high )

Last edited:
Hes probably got a garage full of strap bosses he needs to shift. Its a new one on me.

That's what I thought, a load of rubbish.

They are for toilets and showers in an indoor go karting centre that's opening. It's on 2 floors, but only a few sinks on the 1st floor

martin

There are many more plumbers on here with better building regs knowledge than me, but as I see it these will be fine - with hepvo's or anti-syphon traps then they are not only fine but all the T's are crossed and all the I's are dotted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil manifolds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back