Search the forum,

Discuss So How Many New Posts Are Lacking In Factitous Content. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the button for doing Fake posting?
:p

No only have a hammer only to be used in emergencies when the forum fails

Lets try again.
How`s that Shaun, the way I see it is things are being manipulated.

How are they ?
For one a thread which was in the open public forum informing the idiot(s) that we are on to them was moved to a sub forum where viewing numbers are some what reduced.
Sounds familiar to North Korea, "I don`t like that say`s Rocket man" so it gets censured. :mad:

Is that the annoying blinky advert?
It isn’t blinking, so contrary to everything, the forum isn’t failing. ;)

For the free I phone no that's real :cool:

For one a thread which was in the open public forum informing the idiot(s) that we are on to them was moved to a sub forum where viewing numbers are some what reduced.
Sounds familiar to North Korea, "I don`t like that say`s Rocket man" so it gets censured. :mad:

So you think they care if they get found out :D nope they will just keep posting there links / asking for advice even if no one responds

So you think they care if they get found out :D nope they will just keep posting their links / asking for advice even if no one responds
That sounds like you know them well. :D
(Corrected your typo for you, no need for thanks) :)

That sounds like you know them well. :D
(Corrected your typo for you, no need for thanks) :)

Someone from Leeds / the links seem to be for a Leeds boiler finance company

Damn it. So that's why when I ask complicated questions, I don't get that many answers! You think I'm fake? :'(

Just normal people and a few spammers

Why then do the fake “normal people” with their fake posts asking the fake questions clearly aimed at tempting lots of answers, not targeting other forums?
The only people that could think (mistakenly) that it is to their advantage to fake posts to encourage forum activity is people within the forum.
All the regulars know.

• Agree
Reactions: rpm
Do you reckon the post on the new motorised valve not working is a fake post?

Damn it. So that's why when I ask complicated questions, I don't get that many answers! You think I'm fake? :'(
No you`re real based on the time and the answers you give plus you keep coming back Ric, oh and your Q`s are different to the fakes. :)

Your questions don’t look fake. Most of the fake posts stick out as being scripted and the bluff not cleverly done.
I look for the Username and any Avatar and usually that is a good indication if it is a fake post.
So you always pass the first test! :p

Although weirder things have been known. [edit - I was referring to the idea that the forum itself generates fake posts to increase traffic.]

I recently contacted a friend with a history in trade unionism. Apparently there was a construction firm many years ago that negotiated with a stooge trade union and the firm paid the union made-up subs (as actually the staff were not members so there weren't real subs to be able to pay) so that the employer could pretend that all decisions had been negotiated with, and ratified by, the trade union (that everyone assumed other people were members of)!

Do you reckon the post on the new motorised valve not working is a fake post?
You tell me, the only weak spot I can see at a quick glance is "Like for like", how much does the wiring vary Ric?
Shaun could tell better by looking at his claimed location and his ISP.

You tell me, the only weak spot I can see at a quick glance is "Like for like", how much does the wiring vary Ric?
Only a vague feeling, and the fact that the person writing seems to be quite clued up. As you say, I'm hazarding a guess, but who knows? I hadn't noticed the fake posts at all until you lot mentioned them.

Only a vague feeling, and the fact that the person writing seems to be quite clued up. As you say, I'm hazarding a guess, but who knows? I hadn't noticed the fake posts at all until you lot mentioned them.
Think of it as weighing up a new customer, it becomes second nature. If it smells of fish then it`s fishy! :)

That’s how it started with me. Just a vague feeling that some posts were reading wrong. Then gradually noticed lots more were fake.

• Agree
Reactions: rpm

All match

From the thread on aquaplumb

IMG_3509.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So How Many New Posts Are Lacking In Factitous Content. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock