Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Riser Kit / Hose Connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Photo0903b.jpg

Hello all,

1) Does anyone know if the riser pole on riser kits are of a standard'ish length? Never replaced one before. Took measurements and looked on a couple of sites but listings don't feature measurements. To make sure I can use the original fixings on the tiled wall, the pole could be longer than the one I'm taking out but not shorter.

2) The one to be replaced is also corroded and leaking where the hose ends in a section (pointed to by red arrow) which is screwed onto into a connector (pointed to by yellow arrow) which itself is then screwed onto the wall supply elbow with ptfe.

If I just unscrew the hose/connector and expose the male threaded end of the connector of the wall supply elbow and remove the ptfe - will a new shower hose with a standard female end and washer just screw straight on to this?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower Riser Kit / Hose Connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock