• Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 176
  • Views 2K

Discuss shes a gonner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
t
So the Scottish people running the no campaigns are suddenly English? What will happen IF that tosspot salmond wins? Would they be deported?
The majority of donors giving large donations are from South of the Border. Why the hell would anyone be deported, grow up.

Alex Salmond has done more for Scotland than any other political leader. He was elected in a landslide victory and every poll since has shown that the SNP would win again with an increased majority. You know nothing about Scottish politics, don't live here and are quoting the nonsense straight out of the Tory funded NO campaign. Your better spending time trying to get a better deal for England than worrying about us.

So basically if you don't go along with the yes campaign, you're a Tory. Grow up yourself.

I grew up under Thatcher. I became politically aware during her reign.

I will never EVER vote Tory.

Bored with baiting you now Colin. Go ahead and blindly follow Salmond with his 'grass is greener' rhetoric. I reckon you'd be in for a nasty shock.

So basically if you don't go along with the yes campaign, you're a Tory. Grow up yourself.

I grew up under Thatcher. I became politically aware during her reign.

I will never EVER vote Tory.

Bored with baiting you now Colin. Go ahead and blindly follow Salmond with his 'grass is greener' rhetoric. I reckon you'd be in for a nasty shock.
Who said that if you don't go along with the YES campaign then you're a Tory? Not me. What I said was that the NO campaign is being largely funded from those South of the Border who are not even eligible to vote in the referendum. Most of these are Tory sympathisers.
http://3meninablog.wordpress.com/20...tory-millionaire-bankrolling-better-together/

The grass is not greener but it will be a hell of a lot fairer and better than it is just now. The YES campaign is not all about Alex Salmond and the SNP. There are a wide range of political and non political groups supporting it.

There will be no border controls, no foreign embassy based in London an no one will be getting deported. This is the scaremongering we've come to expect from the NO campaign. Not a lot will change except political independence and the right to take decisions in Scotland by the people who care most about it, the Scottish people themselves.

If you want real equality in the UK, campaign for an English parliament to deal solely with affairs in England and for the benefit of the English people. That is only fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I resent the fact that Scottish and Welsh MPs can vote on matters that only affect the English. Why can't we have a vote on whether we want to keep the Scottish as well?

We either need complete seperation or a seperate English assembly as well.

I resent the fact that Scottish and Welsh MPs can vote on matters that only affect the English. Why can't we have a vote on whether we want to keep the Scottish as well?

We either need complete seperation or a seperate English assembly as well.
Most Scots don't agree with the fact that Scottish MP's can still vote on English matters, that's not fair. It was in fact a Scottish MP that raised this point in Westminster a few years back and it became known as the famous "West Lothian" question.

Whatever the outcome of the Scottish Referendum, it is only just that England should have its own parliament to represent the needs of its own people and as the Scots and Welsh both have parliaments where devolved policy cannot be voted on my English politicians. But this is an issue for England to decide on, much as the Scottish Referendum is for Scotland to decide on.

There will be no border controls... an no one will be getting deported.

That's not necessarily for Scotland to decide.

There are two sides to a border, and deportation can work both ways. For example, if Scotland were to join the EU, and the remainder of the UK were to vote to withdraw (not likely, I concede, but by no means as inconceivable as it would have been 5 years ago) then its entirely possible that England/Wales/Ni would want border controls.

I'm not against Scottish independence - I can see strong arguments in favour of both sides. On balance, if I still lived in Scotland, I might very well vote for it.

What annoys me is when either side make ridiculous claims for their point of view, or rubbish the reasonable arguments of their opponents. There are good and substantial arguments on both sides.

Like Mike, I am also narked that the rest of us don't get a vote on whether to allow Scotland to remain in the union.

Lets just remember that she also shut all the mines in KENT apparently the affluent south, shut down GCHQ in Cheltenham as well as the South Wales mines, football she wanted rid of with the puppet moniyhan and Evans the Luton chairman as spokesman....my old man was from easington colliery which she had shut years ago on the same day that she died....Nottingham scabs will probably mound her,,,

Ray, that only highlights the political differences between our 2 countries. The majority of Scots want to remain in the EU whether or not independence happens and if England votes to leave the EU through the planned referendum, then we will be dragged out of it against our will. It's much the same with the Tory/Lib Dem coalition, Scotland didn't vote for it. The majority, i.e the country with the highest population and votes will always have the greater say.

Scottish Independence is about political independence. We will then be equal partners as we can both run our own affairs for the benefit of our own countries.

As to border controls, there are none in the CTA including Isle of Man which is independent and none are ever planned for the future, even with the EU membership question. Full information can be found here.
UK Border Agency | If you are travelling to or from the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man

The Guardian's poll results in a kinder verdict that I expected. Perhaps I am not in a minority after all.

THATCHER_POLL_BIGPIE2-001.jpg

Again, your poll is by the Guardian which is not widely read up here. I wonder what the results would be for Thatcher in a Scottish only poll! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shes a gonner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Anyone got a gas valve for a fuelsaver 100f as per above. System is linked to a log burner so would like to fix the old girl as shes only 30 years old
Replies
Views
Hi guys So basically what happened is an engineer came out to my mums a week ago to do her annual gas safety check, shes a disabled bed bound OAP...
Replies
Views
It seems I spend a lot of my time telling customers that their ventilation is undersized or their flue is slightly too close to a window or the...
Replies
Views
Hello there I'm wondering if anyone can advise. My daughter has had problems with what sounds like a water hammer issue coming from a...
Replies
Views
looked at a customers boiler today , shes just moved in and cant figure out the control, me also . Its a logic with a Honeywell programmable stat...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock