Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 176
  • Views 2K

Discuss shes a gonner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

maggie thatcher

I get the feeling this is going to be the only thing on the news for a while :90:

I know a union man who has been saving a cigar and a bottle of Champagne for this very occasion, he'll be a happy man today...
If you or your parents were working class in the 80's you'll understand why.

Know what you mean brother in law rang me

me you know that bottle of whiskey I've been saving since the strikes

yeah , no your kidding me serious

yep stroke

Shes a goner

There's street parties planned up and down the whole of Scotland. She decimated our country, gave us the poll tax first and was hated.

R.I.P Rest In Purgatory.

There's street parties planned up and down the whole of Scotland. She decimated our country, gave us the poll tax first and was hated.

R.I.P Rest In Purgatory.

The parties across liverpool this weekend will be superb she ruined our city!

Edinburgh Castle are planning the first ever 21 gun salute for a deceased leader......aimed at the coffin.

If you or your parents were working class in the 80's you'll understand why.

I get the feeling that I might be in a minority here, but if you grew up in the 70's, whatever class you were, you might remember the alternative?

Powercuts, the 3 day week, strikes all the time, rampant inflation, rubbish piling up the streets, the chancellor having to go to the IMF with a begging bowl because the country couldn't pay its bills.

Remember she was elected 3 times, and never lost an election. I'm not a big fan of labelling people with some "class" tag, but large numbers of "working class" people (whatever that means) voted for her over and over again.

She was also the last politician that I can remember who actually said what she believed. Agree or disagree, what you saw was what you got. We could do with a bit more of that.

So I'll be wearing a black tie tomorrow, and if anyone doesn't like it, they can kiss my @55.

Thatcher may have gone, but her pernicious ideology lives on, and many of the problems that dog Britain today are an inheritance of her reign , such as the lack of affordable housing, and the divide and rule politics that she adeptly fostered to play working people off against each other in order to maintain her power.

I don't hate the woman, and I felt sad to hear of her passing, but I hate what she stood for, and will continue to do so for as long as I live.

Thatcherism is a bit like Marmite - people tend to love it, or hate it - personally I despise it.

I agree with ray she did rule with an iron fist, she also saw off the Argentinian invasion of the falklands, I doubt a lot of other prime ministers would have had the guts to do that.

I agree with ray she did rule with an iron fist, she also saw off the Argentinian invasion of the falklands, I doubt a lot of other prime ministers would have had the guts to do that.

she never had a choice all her advisors forced that card on her she dithered like you wouldnt believe about the falklands

R. I. P. Maggie%u00252BT.jpg

Last edited:
Those who are spouting how wonderful she was is needing s reality check. She decimated our coal and steel Industries, now we have to import both, unemployment peaked at 3 million due to her policies and 2 boom and bust economical disasters were her fault. Remember the yuppies who lost all their money hurling themselves off high buildings!! Even her own party got rid of her in the end as a liability and an election loser. Then we got John Major.

The only ones to benefit were the Falkland Islanders and the already rich who got even more richer.

Up here she used Scotland to experiment with her policies because we didn't vote for her she had nothing to lose. We got the poll tax and steel closures first!!

I get the feeling that I might be in a minority here, but if you grew up in the 70's, whatever class you were, you might remember the alternative?

Powercuts, the 3 day week, strikes all the time, rampant inflation, rubbish piling up the streets, the chancellor having to go to the IMF with a begging bowl because the country couldn't pay its bills.

Remember she was elected 3 times, and never lost an election. I'm not a big fan of labelling people with some "class" tag, but large numbers of "working class" people (whatever that means) voted for her over and over again.

She was also the last politician that I can remember who actually said what she believed. Agree or disagree, what you saw was what you got. We could do with a bit more of that.

So I'll be wearing a black tie tomorrow, and if anyone doesn't like it, they can kiss my @55.

One of our best!!!

Those who are spouting how wonderful she was is needing s reality check. She decimated our coal and steel Industries, now we have to import both, unemployment peaked at 3 million due to her policies and 2 boom and bust economical disasters were her fault. Remember the yuppies who lost all their money hurling themselves off high buildings!! Even her own party got rid of her in the end as a liability and an election loser. Then we got John Major.

The only ones to benefit were the Falkland Islanders and the already rich who got even more richer.

Up here she used Scotland to experiment with her policies because we didn't vote for her she had nothing to lose. We got the poll tax and steel closures first!!

An economy built on unions and coal equals???

i heard she has only been in hell for a few hours and all ready shut down 3 furnaces!!.

from a mining family says i.

i think she should be buried in the Rhonda valley or Newcastle it may bring the decimated communities back together again!!

Last edited by a moderator:
am too young to really know anything about maggie and what she achieved. My next day neighbour was 80yrs old and she only listened to the news. And she used to have it so loud we could hear it in our house. Bt, as soon as maggie came on she would start screaming at the tv calling her an old cat. She hated her. Never did find ot why

Kangaroo politics. Easy to hate but ignorant of the benefits she bought to the country. IMHO of course.

I grew up in the 70's and 80's and at the time I absolutely despised the woman. I still despise her policies. I despise the conservative party, but by the same token I can't trust the labour party to run the country without hashing it up.

However, as has been said, there was no doubting her. If she said she was going to do something then she'd do it.

But I will never forgive her for selling off the family silver. imho it's a direct result of her policies that we're in the mess we are now.

If only we had a scottish pm with enough foresight to hang on to our gold reserves.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish her a peaceful rest.
I didn't agree with all her policies but she showed the Trotskyist union leaders that they didn't run the country for their own benefit.

RIP Mrs Thatcher x

She would have had the north crawling round in the gutter giving half the chance. Typical Tory scum. Rob from the poor and give to the rich. She ruined the industry in this country and left us more or less reliant on the banking industry. She covered up the deaths of 96 people and left families suffering for years over the lies told about them.
She put people in prison for trying to protect there jobs. She introduced the poll tax and again put people in prison for defying this!

Bye bye good riddance!

Last edited:
Just a note ya'll if it gets anymore out if depth ill move post to the arms off the main public forums kiss kiss

You blame that on her?

She set the wheels in motion so to speak. If she hadn't had ruined industry the banks wouldn't have the power they have today, they know there holding this country up and act accordingly

Move this Lee. It's better to have a debate like this in the Arms .Guaranteed to get too heated for public forum.

Zeb, do you remember what Britain was like in the 1970s, before Mrs Thatcher came into power?

You don't remember the 'winter of discontent' then, everybody calls Maggie but I can't actually recall many other PM's giving us anything better. 3 day working week, unions striking to show they ruled, I don't think we can blame everything on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shes a gonner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock