• Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 176
  • Views 2K

Discuss shes a gonner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. Northern Rock started the ball rolling and the RBS is owned by Nat West an English bank as are the majority of bailed out banks.

Both Brown and Blair were using Thatcherite policies and embraced her in the guise of New Labour.

No they weren't. Lots of people will say that becuase they would like that to be true. Brown completely re structured the banking regulator, with Ed Balls help. They took regulation away from the bank of England who had done it successfully for three hundred years and basically told the bankers to look after themselves. The massive injection of loose money injected into the economy is pretty much the exact opposite of Thatchers handbag economics of "you can only spend what you earn". Loads of people like to try and blame Thatcher for the banks because they like to blame everything on her. Her big bang was a different story though.
And isn't it funny that Alex Salmond was claiming HBOS and RBS were Scotlands great success story, until the British tax payer bailed them out

i fail to see to how any politician from the last half century can be seen or thought of with any affection or nostalgia whatsoever from any political party.
the expenses scandal shows what utter contempt all politicians from all sides have for us and our money.

and bailing out banks what a crock of shiiiite they should have been left to fail.
human civilisation has been going for thousands of years, a few banks failing wouldnt stop us. would be good to sort the wheat from chaff.
i also wish the europeans would stop putting off the inevitable and cast out those countries from the euro that shouldnt have been in it in the first place.

yes there might be a financial meltdown but only for the elite who stand to lose their precious pennies that they guard like a dog guarding its bone. life goes on there just delaying the inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shes a gonner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Anyone got a gas valve for a fuelsaver 100f as per above. System is linked to a log burner so would like to fix the old girl as shes only 30 years old
Replies
Views
Hi guys So basically what happened is an engineer came out to my mums a week ago to do her annual gas safety check, shes a disabled bed bound OAP...
Replies
Views
It seems I spend a lot of my time telling customers that their ventilation is undersized or their flue is slightly too close to a window or the...
Replies
Views
Hello there I'm wondering if anyone can advise. My daughter has had problems with what sounds like a water hammer issue coming from a...
Replies
Views
looked at a customers boiler today , shes just moved in and cant figure out the control, me also . Its a logic with a Honeywell programmable stat...
Replies
Views
Back