• Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 176
  • Views 2K

Discuss shes a gonner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't like her or her policies, but at least she "humped" you from the front back then, not like the weasels in politics nowadays.
unions were always on a loser, not changed much today either, you just have to look at Bob The fireman, quaffing champers and eating caviar while preaching to his members about "solidarity".

You just have to look at Bob The fireman, quaffing champers and eating caviar while preaching to his members about "solidarity".

Or Scargill in a legal battle with NUM over his "lifetime right" to live rent free in a £1.5m london apartment.

I despise almost all the current crop - politicians, union leaders, quangocrats etc. Professional scroungers, entitlement junkies (both sorts) and two-faced, serf-serving, career liars. I didn't think anyone could be worse than Brown, but Cameron and Osbourne are giving it a damned good try.

No one should be allowed to be an MP until they have done at least 10 years real work in a proper job, not as an activist or "researcher". And if you want to be health minister, you really should have worked as a doctor or nurse, if defence secretary you should be ex-services, business secretary should be a successful businessman etc.

One of my claims to fame back in late 90s did a job at his bungalow in Barnsley told scragill

I would like to nominate Ray Stafford for the next prime minister.

Or Scargill in a legal battle with NUM over his "lifetime right" to live rent free in a £1.5m london apartment.

I despise almost all the current crop - politicians, union leaders, quangocrats etc. Professional scroungers, entitlement junkies (both sorts) and two-faced, serf-serving, career liars. I didn't think anyone could be worse than Brown, but Cameron and Osbourne are giving it a damned good try.

No one should be allowed to be an MP until they have done at least 10 years real work in a proper job, not as an activist or "researcher". And if you want to be health minister, you really should have worked as a doctor or nurse, if defence secretary you should be ex-services, business secretary should be a successful businessman etc.

Ill second that! The political system needs a massive overhaul! There all as bad as each other! The never ending circle between the torys and labour is old and detrimental to the country!

No, you could get it on 'grandfathers rights'

She believed in her policies, however misguided and was a real politician.
She laid the foundations of the mess we are in today i.e an economy that relies on house prices to keep it bouyant and produces ziltch.
All the things that should be in public ownership like power, water and transport are run by faceless monopolies who increase prices at will.
As someone born in 1958 things were not as bad in the pre Thatcher time as some would paint it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shes a gonner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Anyone got a gas valve for a fuelsaver 100f as per above. System is linked to a log burner so would like to fix the old girl as shes only 30 years old
Replies
Views
Hi guys So basically what happened is an engineer came out to my mums a week ago to do her annual gas safety check, shes a disabled bed bound OAP...
Replies
Views
It seems I spend a lot of my time telling customers that their ventilation is undersized or their flue is slightly too close to a window or the...
Replies
Views
Hello there I'm wondering if anyone can advise. My daughter has had problems with what sounds like a water hammer issue coming from a...
Replies
Views
looked at a customers boiler today , shes just moved in and cant figure out the control, me also . Its a logic with a Honeywell programmable stat...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock