• Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 176
  • Views 2K

Discuss shes a gonner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What industry? We were lazy and needed a kick up the arse.

So to kick us the arse she put the majority of the north on the dole and the ones who resisted in prison? His did that work?

No I don't, I was born in 1980

It was a pretty rubbish time to be honest, and it probably defined my political outlook. Have a google of the three day week, the winter of discontent or the history of labour relations of that time.

I know that Mrs T is a pretty divisive figure, but its not fair to judge her until you have a feel for what the alternatives were.

I hate the woman. I watched everyone round me struggle to live whilst her and her mates enjoyed fine wine!

It was a pretty rubbish time to be honest, and it probably defined my political outlook. Have a google of the three day week, the winter of discontent or the history of labour relations of that time.

I know that Mrs T is a pretty divisive figure, but its not fair to judge her until you have a feel for what the alternatives were.

Liverpool stayed that way if not worse for most of the 80's/90's.

I think the 3 day week was brought about by a very strong union going on strike. This depleted the coal stocks which reduced the available electricity which gave industry a short time.

Liverpool stayed that way if not worse for most of the 80's/90's.

I lived in Scotland and Wales as I was growing up, but never Merseyside, so I didn't see it. I seem to recall that you had a rampantly left wing council in the 80s. What was his name? Hatton?

Although he wasn't actually in charge just the public speaker, he was bent as a nine bob note!

John Hamilton was the council leader at the time had to google that couldn't remember his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shes a gonner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Anyone got a gas valve for a fuelsaver 100f as per above. System is linked to a log burner so would like to fix the old girl as shes only 30 years old
Replies
Views
Hi guys So basically what happened is an engineer came out to my mums a week ago to do her annual gas safety check, shes a disabled bed bound OAP...
Replies
Views
It seems I spend a lot of my time telling customers that their ventilation is undersized or their flue is slightly too close to a window or the...
Replies
Views
Hello there I'm wondering if anyone can advise. My daughter has had problems with what sounds like a water hammer issue coming from a...
Replies
Views
looked at a customers boiler today , shes just moved in and cant figure out the control, me also . Its a logic with a Honeywell programmable stat...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock