Search the forum,

Discuss Seimens Roomstat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon,

I have a Baxi Neta-Tec with a Siemens wireless roomstat - the system was fitted in January.

I'm having some problems with the roomstat and I was after some advice.

The stat is situated in my hallway which is probably the coolest part of the house - I usually set the upper temperature threshold to 18.

The thermostat sends a signal to the boiler to heat if it is reading a temp of 17 or lower - it will then continue until it is at 19 before it turns off - so 1 degree either side.

The problem is that the thermostat seems to be very slow in it's response to changing temperatures - it moves in half degree increments... what this results in is my house getting really warm before it cuts out and then too cold before it cuts in again. The heating might be off for a few hours once it has reached its temperature as it takes so long for the thermostat reading to drop.

Obviously I can move the thermostat as it is wireless but I have tried a few locations and get he same problem.

I wonder if the thermostat is faulty of if this is how it is meant to operate? Any advice gratefully received.
I haven't spoken to the installer but I may do.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Seimens Roomstat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
M
Hi I live in elderly sheltered property and have nothing but trouble with thermostat. I’m a bit confused. When i put it on 19 degrees intuitively i would say that when it reaches 19 it would turn off the boiler. But it goes to 20 before the boiler switches off. You now have to wait for it to...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, We moved into our house last year and our current central heating set up is: Boiler: Vokera Mynute HE system boiler Thermostats: 2x Robus RRF10 analogue thermstats (one in hallway and one in master bedroom) Programmer: Anaglogue Flash Immermat Timer Clock. When we came into the house...
Replies
Views
Hello. I wonder if someone can help. We have noticed 2 issues in our house over the last couple of weeks . We have a Glow Worm Ultracom 24cxi combi boiler and have never had problems with it previously 1) central heating always/near constantly on. We have 2 small radiators and a towel rail...
Replies
Views
C
Pardon my lack of explanation skills, I would try to summarise and make it comprehensive as much as I can. I hope someone can help or advice. I have a CH system with a combi boiler and a bypass radiator in the hallway. However the problem is the house is quite cold. I am in an end of terrace...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock