Discuss Running a new gas pipe from meter to kitchen advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
This what I mean all and sundry can read this and people say so much

15m x 22mm copper will deliver about 3.4m3/hr, which is the equivalent of about 36kw, (just under when you add a couple of bends to the straight run) so you need to add up the input of the appliances as a starting point
PS sorry to say what others will be thinking, inexperience as a newbie is one thing, but the fact you are a newbie means you have only just done this stuff, so something isnt quite right, most newbies seem to have their heads stuck in their books all the time, why arent you
its 3 bends just to get out of the box (i can never seee why the outlet is on the top of a meter) and minimum of 2 under the boiler and there is no such thing as a straight run 15m from meter direct to boiler so its probably going to be closer to a 20 meter equivalent length

Last edited:
I think all gsr engineers should boycott this section . To much info is given out to diyers , advise could lead to a disaster .We should tell any body asking for info on installing repairing or altering gas appliances to call a engineer instead of giving out free advice .

'
PS sorry to say what others will be thinking, inexperience as a newbie is one thing, but the fact you are a newbie means you have only just done this stuff, so something isnt quite right, most newbies seem to have their heads stuck in their books all the time, why arent you'

kirkgas (and others); I can answer this.
I did the assessments at the end of Feb, but it took me until the end of last month to get the ÂŁ438 to seal my registration. I've been in dire financial straits for a while now due to some other personal circumstances (not looking for sympathy) and I used the training centre's manuals and gas regs to get through the exams while I was there - and looking stuff up online before.
Yeah, I can see I need to up my game and get stuck into some serious revision. If any of the mods want to contact me privately then I'll happily verify my GS number.

'
PS sorry to say what others will be thinking, inexperience as a newbie is one thing, but the fact you are a newbie means you have only just done this stuff, so something isnt quite right, most newbies seem to have their heads stuck in their books all the time, why arent you'

I did the assessments at the end of Feb, but it took me until the end of last month to get the ÂŁ438 to seal my registration. I've been in dire financial straits for a while now due to some other personal circumstances (not looking for sympathy) and I used the training centre's manuals and gas regs to get through the exams while I was there - and looking stuff up online before.
Yeah, I can see I need to up my game and get stuck into some serious revision. If any of the mods want to contact me privately then I'll happily verify my GS number.

you can join the gas safe only forum. check out the sticky post in this forum.

'

fair play, but you must have been given notes when doing the training, what certification body was the training place? bpec/niciec/logic etcetc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Running a new gas pipe from meter to kitchen advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Does anyone have any feedback as to which is best. Running the pipe from the outdoor gas meter to a new boiler on an outside wall or run...
Replies
Views
I have a domestic gas meter located at one side of my building and my boiler/cooker (only 2 gas devices) on the other side of the building. There...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock