Search the forum,

Discuss Running a new gas pipe from meter to kitchen advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
'
the puzzling thing is why you wanted to come back to the trade? you can earn more money with a paint brush..... i bet you longed for the smell of boss white'

Desperation! I closed the business (none plumbing-related) I'd had for years because it was losing money but then just couldn't face getting a regular job. Did some voluntary teaching overseas for a while and then decided it was back to plumbing for me.
And Boss White has never let me down! Can't recall gas PTFE tape being around first time around, either. Is it better than Boss White?

Don't remember Templastic. I do vividly remember the smell of my fathers lock up. I was about 4 or 5 years old. Very strong of Boss white, and metal, oil and grease. Lovely!

As I got older, I used to raid it and take the tools to play with.

Dad once bought us a go kart each. Mine an F1 clad plastic one, and my brothers a metal framed one. When he got home that evening we had stripped both of them, swapped wheels, chucked the plastic shell from mine, and generally buggered them up.

It was red Stag jointing compound when I started but I have not seen it in years, not even on any old installations that I have stripped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Running a new gas pipe from meter to kitchen advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock