Discuss Room Sealed Boilers in Bathrooms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob150811

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
:cool:question re fitting room sealed boiler in bathroom the answer i,ve got at the moment is its allowed with repect to bathroom zones. and the IPX rating of the boiler must be sufficient for that environment, any further considerations i should know about

Only remember that all pipes in bathroom or kitchen must be earth linked .
We have fit a few in bathrooms never come across any long term problems .

means of electrical isolation must be outside the bath room

means of electrical isolation must be outside the bath room

dam that was what i was going to say lol

to me boilers in the bathroom just dont seem right its just a personal thing. but if nowhere else etc

Only remember that all pipes in bathroom or kitchen must be earth linked .
We have fit a few in bathrooms never come across any long term problems .

Pipes don't actually have to be cross linked, just proved earthed (less than 0.05ohms to main earthing block in consumer unit) IIRC. Although I personnally think cross bonding in this instanct would be good practice (next electrician behind you won't say 'that should have been bonded')

What if it was fitted in a bathroom before or after 1984. Would this be acceptable to TB. Just I was asked had to look in notes and the tb. if I could find weather it was acceptable to current standards or immediately Dangerous

Last edited by a moderator:
Please register with us to get additional answers to your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Room Sealed Boilers in Bathrooms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a open flue old boiler (natural draft for combustion) installed on outside wall. Before winters want to install a heat only condensing...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Back