Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Room Sealed Boilers in Bathrooms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob150811

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
:cool:question re fitting room sealed boiler in bathroom the answer i,ve got at the moment is its allowed with repect to bathroom zones. and the IPX rating of the boiler must be sufficient for that environment, any further considerations i should know about

Only remember that all pipes in bathroom or kitchen must be earth linked .
We have fit a few in bathrooms never come across any long term problems .

means of electrical isolation must be outside the bath room

means of electrical isolation must be outside the bath room

dam that was what i was going to say lol

to me boilers in the bathroom just dont seem right its just a personal thing. but if nowhere else etc

Only remember that all pipes in bathroom or kitchen must be earth linked .
We have fit a few in bathrooms never come across any long term problems .

Pipes don't actually have to be cross linked, just proved earthed (less than 0.05ohms to main earthing block in consumer unit) IIRC. Although I personnally think cross bonding in this instanct would be good practice (next electrician behind you won't say 'that should have been bonded')

What if it was fitted in a bathroom before or after 1984. Would this be acceptable to TB. Just I was asked had to look in notes and the tb. if I could find weather it was acceptable to current standards or immediately Dangerous

Last edited by a moderator:
Please register with us to get additional answers to your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Room Sealed Boilers in Bathrooms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock