Discuss Risk assessment - need help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

O

Old Account

hi guys,

I have been asked to supply a risk assessment for the upcoming plumbing job. I have never done that before and to be fair never needed. Does anyone of you guys know what has to be written there? I do not know what to write.

I only know I won’t be doing any hot works as I am using crimping technique.

Perhaps so body could tell me what to write or perhaps has had similar situations like me.

Kind regards,

Ron

TBH if this is a normal domestic customer asking for such I would be thinking "Your gonna be a PITA" so either price accordingly or walk away.
It’s a normal customer which lives in a council property. They own the place but somehow the housing association is asking for the risk assment

How the hell do I know Ron. You repairing a leak or installing a complete new system from scratch? What is the risk factor? Only you know.
Yeah, it’s a new system - conversion. That’s fine I will somehow deal with that tja is anyway for the advise given above.

:) haha will be all good!!! I just don’t like council properties. It always makes my head! I always get those weird questions: like can you paint the flue pipe in black or great once it’s installed.
How do you put a price to these jobs?
If for example you havent agreed where the boiler is going and where you will run pipes etc?

How do you put a price to these jobs?
If for example you havent agreed where the boiler is going and where you will run pipes etc?

If I get it right it’s to put a vert flue ontop of a 3 -4 story building so it’s incase he falls off

The whole point of a risk assessment as most will know is to assess the hazard associated with the works and control, reduce or remove the risk. A paperwork exercise is all well and good until something goes wrong, In a domestic environment there are plenty of hazards.

Reply to Risk assessment - need help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
I have decided on a career change after driving for 27 years. I live near Northampton and I have been trying to find a qualified plumber (at least...
Replies
Views
Squeak the cat
S
Back