Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing radiator, any advice or tips? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening Ladies and Gents,

I need to replace this radiator and was wondering how straight forward it would be for me to do it myself?

Thanks.

0442D269-4462-492F-8E0D-FA09E64085FF.jpeg

7E82F27D-31F3-4BEC-8359-F773E17F3520.jpeg

384CDB69-8B27-4E25-BE73-039344F43509.jpeg

FB3B5706-BA74-445B-8C5F-3EA4BF31B895.jpeg

Its fairly straight forward when you know what you're doing.
You're going to have to know:
How to drain system (probably most difficult bit)
Install new rad (fairly easy)
Fit valves (don't forget 15 turns of PTFE)
Pipe new rad up, can you solder?
Fill system back up and vent

Ok, so more to it than I thought then!

I didn’t think I’d need to drain the system down, just isolate the rad but that’s why I thought I’d ask on here first! Its a sealed system so does that make it easier to drain and refill?

With regards to piping up the new rad, I’m quite happy with fitting the valves and I presumed that the new one should fit in the same space, the existing one is 300mm wide and 450mm high and I have found several different places that have 300mm wide and 500mm high but I presume it’s the width that’s important?

And with soldering, I’m quite handy with a soldering iron for electrical stuff but I’m guessing that’s not transferable to plumbing!

Thanks.

We would normally drain down change the valves to as they are as old as the radiator and its wise to take the opportunity to change the water and inhibitor in the system if its not been done in the last 5 years , you are correct in thinking the width is important but the distance off the wall to the centre of the rad valve connection is whats more important if its different then alterations to the pipework will be needed. Cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing radiator, any advice or tips? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all I need to run this CH pipework to a radiator located beyond the electric wiring in the image below. Just to be safe I was wondering if...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock