Search the forum,

Discuss renewable confusion! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay-jay

i went to the renewables roadshow at the reebok stadium yesterday to try and gain some clarity in the murky mire of renewables.

came away just as confused!!

spoke to summit skills who said that as far as training goes in the individual technologies, they have to be competency based from about november this year when MCS make a announcement that will reap changes across the board. and currently only those provided by CITY & GUILDS and EAL comply.

he went on to say that those who already have quals that are not currently classed as competency based will need to 'UPGRADE' at some point.

then i spoke with a training provider that offers BPEC and C&G courses (the BPEC is half the price of C&G and he says that noone will need to upgrade so just do the BPEC which by the way is also only 2 days to the C&G 4 days.
he likened it to driving licences.....when they brought in the theory test and god knows what else they didn't make the rest of us march down and do the extra stuff did they??? he says it will be the same thing. in his own words 'grandfather rides'.

obviously with a course at twice the length the C&G would be the best and most thorough option. However with most of the one man bands finding the whole MCS accreditation an expensive exercise, being able to save upto £500 on each of the renewable technology training courses could be viewed by some as a more favourable option.

what do you guys think???

KJ

Hi KJ i went to the roadshow yesterday confused as ever, just another money making scheme no good for the 1 man band.

How come a training provider is privvy to knowledge about an MCS announcement? Who exactly is running our industry now? Its high time the FITs and RHI were scrapped and we went back to fitting systems because they were needed and not because you get government money from it. Atleast that way all the hangers on in the industry (i.e. training "providers") wouldn't be in such a prime position to dictate what our industry "requires".
Its bad enough ACS is split into individual units each with its own price tag, now they are moving goalposts in order to force us into upgrading our existing training?
It makes my blood boil with these idiots...
ahh that feels a bit better.. roll on 22nd when I visit them in Glasgow...

I am booked in for the one in Glasgow aswell, should be interesting...

its a ridiculous situation where the trainers are calling the shots rather than those who produce the money
lunatics and asylums come to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to renewable confusion! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am after some advice please. I am looking at training to become a gas engineer. I have done some research and have come across various courses which last a few weeks (after which and providing I pass I would be registered on the gas safe register). I am fully aware these courses do not...
Replies
Views
Had a job booked in this morning, renew all rads in the property. Downstairs rads are in solid floor so customer said just change rads and alter pipe to suit. Would be using extensions where possible but obviously made customer aware whatever happens won't look as good as bringing the pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We may need to replace our boiler - the OLDER version Worcester Bosch 35Cdi (see images attached) Our home is a 1920's Semi 5 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms 5 x Large (1800mm) Double Panel Radiators 1 x Large (1800mm) Single Panel Radiator 3 x Medium (1400mm) Double Panel Radiators 2 x Short...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
S
Hi all, been lurking on the forum for a few months while I look at my options for a career in the plumbing industry. while lurking I have seen lots of different people asking question regarding the diploma and the NVQ and I have seen plenty of replies about looking at older posts to stop...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock