Currently reading:
Removing thermostatic cartridge with over ride

Discuss Removing thermostatic cartridge with over ride in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carter69

I am looking to remove thermostatic cartridge as think either clogged up with limescale or other debris as it only gets lukewarm now and never hot enough to use.

How do I remove the red button over ride so I can slip off the back plate to do the maintenance?

There are no markings to show manufacturer.

Thanks

photo (8).jpg

I assume you can't push it in as you slide the back plate passed it then? Therefore the handles will be removable and by the looks of it they are just pushed on needing some careful brute force to remove by pulling

Thanks, been trying that, but the red over ride switch always sticks out by a few mm and impossible to remove handles to access cartridge.

Is there a certain position it should be set to to enable pushing the over ride button in all the way to remove handle?

Sorted over the weekend, the over ride was part of the silver collar. Needed some gentle coaxing with screwdriver to lever off.

Now the latest problem is the 2 screws to stop the water flow are completely jammed and seems someone previously has had a go and the heads are chewed up, no amount of WD40 has eased them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing thermostatic cartridge with over ride in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back