Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic Shower cold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Recently noticed an issue with thermostatic shower that was determined to get sorted. The shower would drop (which got worse) and would not maintain temperature,due to water quality here and visible limescale in cartridges,decide to just replace entire shower for a nice new one.

This solved issue of leaking shower head,no more leaks,but the issue of the heat doesn't seem to be resolved.

I found that the shower will stay at right temperature,if you leave bath or sink tap on hot,but if you turn them off, the shower will run cold.

This led me to think it would be the water flow, so I got a measuring jug, turned shower to hottest setting and waited for 30 seconds to see how much was collected,and it equated to about 7.2l per minute from the shower head,similar from the main taps too.

That then lede to think could it be the flow sensor of the boiler and has that clogged with limescale because of water,but no idea where that would be on boiler haha

Boiler is an Ariston e-combi, not sure exactly how old, but everything is leading me to suspect that would be the issue but I could be completely wrong.

If anyone has any other help or suggestions would be massively appreciated đź‘Ť

Cheers

Marco

Does the boiler fire up when the shower is being run? Could be a few things. Do you get hot water everywhere else?
That's the weird thing,boiler doesn't fire when showers run,but fires when the taps on and when you leave tap on shower temperature is fine. When you turn tap off, boiler stops and shower goes cold.

Everywhere in house gets hot water, that's only shower though so not got another to compare it with

That's the weird thing,boiler doesn't fire when showers run,but fires when the taps on and when you leave tap on shower temperature is fine. When you turn tap off, boiler stops and shower goes cold.

Everywhere in house gets hot water, that's only shower though so not got another to compare it with
Isolate the cold feed under the boiler and either run a hot tap, eg bath or run the shower on hot, if you get water out that’s possibly your issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Thermostatic Shower cold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock