Discuss Refused customer cp12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcard

Gas Engineer
Had a mate who recommended me to a builder who gave me quite a bit of work quite regualy.He asked me to meet him & a house to give him a cp12 that my mate had done the previous year.I refused to issue a cp12 because of the faults below & charged him for my time.There was a WAU,& they replaced it with a keston combi were the WAU used to be housed downstairs.I gave him a good price to fit a new combi on a outside wall,run new 22mm gas supply,magnaclean & fit soakaway for condense £1900. Needless to say he does"nt use me anymore.
Gas supply 15mm from outlet of meter.
Earth bonding fitted incorrectly
Gas pipes not sleeved through walls.
Wall unit over hanging hob
PRV teed into condense pipe
Condense terminating onto patio
14 mbar inlet pressure to boiler with hob off.
flue in void no inspection covers or co alarm
flue not sealed through wall
Put FGA on flue.Burning *hit

Had a mate who recommended me to a builder who gave me quite a bit of work quite regualy.He asked me to meet him & a house to give him a cp12 that my mate had done the previous year.I refused to issue a cp12 because of the faults below & charged him for my time.There was a WAU,& they replaced it with a keston combi were the WAU used to be housed downstairs.I gave him a good price to fit a new combi on a outside wall,run new 22mm gas supply,magnaclean & fit soakaway for condense £1900. Needless to say he does"nt use me anymore.

so are you saying your mates a idiot? did he pass this the year before then?

why refuse the cp12 give it to him with the faults listed and the risk assessment marked and his signature on it its your proof that the have picked up on things and covers you

Yes that's the correct way to do it. Issue cp12 will all faults listed an relevant stickers and notices. Not issuing anything is as bad as issuing an all ok!

It is not a pass or fail it is a report of what you found on your inspection that day.

You know that.

Did you cap it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Refused customer cp12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
I have read a few posts on here discussing sharing a washing machine stand pipe for the boiler condensate pipe and the risks of washing machine...
Replies
Views
Hi, been doing lots of research for a house we're about to move into and pulling my hair out on what to fit. The house: 1930s semi, 3 bed, 1 bath...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock