Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn 365 solid fuel - problem when power cut no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mazzie

Hi, had my solid fuel Rayburn year ago, runs radiators and has Eco boiler in bedroom and another tank up in attic. Originally central heating was calor gas, I have kept this going so I can top up my radiators and in the summer when Rayburn off I switch over to the gas boiler for my hot water. All was ok until I had my first power cut when I had no hot water. I expected the radiators not to work but thought the hot water would be OK. This sent me into a panic as the water was getting hotter with no outlet so I ran the Rayburn down until it went out. Not ideal if it was minus 10 outside and the whole point of the Rayburn is to have independent source of heating. The plumber has come back scratching his head and gone away to think about what to do.. Anybody know what the problem is, if wrong connection etc? I am imagining me going to work, power cut and the hot water getting hotter and hotter - will it blow!!!!! My dogs are left in the house! Don't know if it is dangerous. Any advice, mad woman from Wales. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn 365 solid fuel - problem when power cut no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated heat source and a oil boiler. The problem the hit water cylinder doesn't have a stat thus why the hot water is roasting hot but there is a pipe stat on...
Replies
Views
A bit of an unusual topic, as these are very rare in the UK. I went back to Poland to commission, test and tune the 20kW solid fuel boiler and the domestic heat exchanger for the hot water tank (300litres). Old heating system with steel 2-inch pipes and cast iron segmented rads We were warned...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
I have a Rayburn running my CH and HW, when the boiler is lit, the gravity flow works as it should rises to the cylinder and drops back to the boiler...when the cylinder is hot enough the CH pump comes on and this is where it goes wrong. The pump seems to be pushing the cold radiator water up...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock