Discuss rated people in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said above they are all r se holes. I'm starting one up but it's going to be much better....

I get the job for you, get the custard to pay you top whack, then when it's all done and everyone is happy you send me £50? On a handshake obviously.

Hope this business model takes off?
Good luck with that!!!
We will sign up.

findatrade used to send us emails about jobs trying to get us to sign up to them, lucky for me they put map of where customer lived so zoomed in on google map find the correct street then do flyer drop on that area normally pick up more than one job and not had to sign to any of these companies

Over 50 quid for the opportunity to quote a combi swop! OMG!!!

As said above they are all r se holes. I'm starting one up but it's going to be much better....

I get the job for you, get the custard to pay you top whack, then when it's all done and everyone is happy you send me £50? On a handshake obviously.

Hope this business model takes off?
If it was as described ,in other words you provided a combi-swap,'signed, sealed,delivered 'for a £50 fee it would be very fair.

My web designer guy has built a website but just for plumbers as that is who he mainly works for. His theory is that if he can get work for individual plumbers and they pay him £500+ per month for social media and se optimisation he can get them for all plumbers if plumbers pay £120 per year taking out commission fees and short list fees such as MyBuilder. I think that is a pretty fair price is it not? £10 a month and he does everything ie; advertisement and he isn't greedy or hungry unlike MyBuilder, ServiceMagic and RatedPeople who all have investors and need to make money at all costs.

My web designer guy has built a website but just for plumbers as that is who he mainly works for. His theory is that if he can get work for individual plumbers and they pay him £500+ per month for social media and se optimisation he can get them for all plumbers if plumbers pay £120 per year taking out commission fees and short list fees such as MyBuilder. I think that is a pretty fair price is it not? £10 a month and he does everything ie; advertisement and he isn't greedy or hungry unlike MyBuilder, ServiceMagic and RatedPeople who all have investors and need to make money at all costs.
Hi Marie,I read your various posts with interest.You are making your way in this trade and it is not easy.You seem to have a great deal of faith in the power of the internet.I hope it works for you but do investigate thoroughly.
Firstly let me deal with all these internet companies that leech on the honest trader and in many ways are less than honest in their business dealings.I am like the vast majority on here.I would not pay anyone for the possibilty of finding me work for what often can be the wrong type of customer who only want quotes,cheapest price etc.You are tied into expensive arrangements and the only winner is them.I accept some do OK.
Regarding your web designer guy and the costs.I had a long time when I was scraping buy and living at home because I had to,not because I chose to.There is no way I had £500+ spare per month and if I had it would not have gone on advertising on or off the web.Tools/van/putting myself through college were the priority.I believe you sell yourself and your skills and getting your foot in doors is the key but not convinced internet firms or even personal web sites are the answer,especially at the prices you mention for an optimized web site.I see websites as possibly more effective as a show case for your business rather than relying on it to establish it.
Re-the alternative to My Builder etc,'How would that work?'What would be the costs and what would you get?

Hi Marie,I read your various posts with interest.You are making your way in this trade and it is not easy.You seem to have a great deal of faith in the power of the internet.I hope it works for you but do investigate thoroughly.
Firstly let me deal with all these internet companies that leech on the honest trader and in many ways are less than honest in their business dealings.I am like the vast majority on here.I would not pay anyone for the possibilty of finding me work for what often can be the wrong type of customer who only want quotes,cheapest price etc.You are tied into expensive arrangements and the only winner is them.I accept some do OK.
Regarding your web designer guy and the costs.I had a long time when I was scraping buy and living at home because I had to,not because I chose to.There is no way I had £500+ spare per month and if I had it would not have gone on advertising on or off the web.Tools/van/putting myself through college were the priority.I believe you sell yourself and your skills and getting your foot in doors is the key but not convinced internet firms or even personal web sites are the answer,especially at the prices you mention for an optimized web site.I see websites as possibly more effective as a show case for your business rather than relying on it to establish it.
Re-the alternative to My Builder etc,'How would that work?'What would be the costs and what would you get?

Ahaaa someone with sense and years of experience wise words.

My mate who used to sub a bit to "property developer" had problems getting money out of the said character , he tried screwing the customer on extras that did not exist and the customer did not settle the extras but paid for work that had been done . The developer then tried blaming the subbies for it , but at the same time told the subbies that the customer refused to pay .

The customer found the "developer " on one of those sites and after along episode my mate went round and had a chat with customer directly which was very revealing . None of the subbies got paid . they had also left very bad / negative feedback for the "developer" . Within 24 hours the feedback was removed from the site . When they contacted the site they refused to comment on it .

This is just goes to prove that not only do the sites take your money but it also proves that these "rate my .........." Sites are nothing but crooks and as bad as the cowboys they take the money from . No bad if you like robbing people and protecting the guilty so they can do it again

cheers

My mate who used to sub a bit to "property developer" had problems getting money out of the said character , he tried screwing the customer on extras that did not exist and the customer did not settle the extras but paid for work that had been done . The developer then tried blaming the subbies for it , but at the same time told the subbies that the customer refused to pay .

The customer found the "developer " on one of those sites and after along episode my mate went round and had a chat with customer directly which was very revealing . None of the subbies got paid . they had also left very bad / negative feedback for the "developer" . Within 24 hours the feedback was removed from the site . When they contacted the site they refused to comment on it .

This is just goes to prove that not only do the sites take your money but it also proves that these "rate my .........." Sites are nothing but crooks and as bad as the cowboys they take the money from . No bad if you like robbing people and protecting the guilty so they can do it again

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rated people in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
I was looking into a problem with flow rate in my bathroom. A bit confused with how flow rate, water pressure, pipe length, and difference in...
Replies
Views
The User Guide etc states an available temperature range of 25-80c. Various instructions found online instruct to turn it fully clockwise to...
Replies
Views
Hi, all! I'm a DIY'er who probably knows just enough to get myself in trouble, but fortunately I know my limitations, when it comes to projects I...
Replies
Views
Back