Discuss rated people in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
all these sites seem to want your money and your not guarenteed a job, just access to quote for it, I prefer to advertise locally and get my name on company websites as an approved techie with that company

I've used rated people but i binned them last week. been using Servicemagic for service and repair leads, however with service magic they automatically send you the lead whether you want it or not. you have to put leads on hold. it's down fall is you can't cherry pick leads like rated. but next month i'm binning them when its busier.

I think for gereral repair and servicing leads your money would be better spent on other ads. I'd say may be ok for people for installs. You''l find penny pinchers on these networks whom don't want to spend or can't afford to spend the money and just want a quote for the sake of it.

I have tried trail, seems like loads of them were just people wanted to have an idea about quotes, there were no jobs need doing on most of them!

I nearly got stung by one of them sites I was getting calls 24/7. I was thinking of joining one until I caught the sales rep out it was something about giving me an area and not giving it to other engineers. I couldn't be bothered by the lies. Soo thought its not worth it.

I use a free website to get leads.

I know you asked regarding rated people, but just wanted to warn you that I spent £1000 advertising with home base and a supermarket. Didn't get one single enquiry. I now have a free add on gum tree and I get a steady stream of work, also I use Facebook, think that's great as people talk. Hope this help, good luck :builder:

I was on 'My hammer' for a bit. Priced loads of jobs but didn't get any work from it, I turned up to price a new install, there was 1 engineer already there (in the property doing a quote) then when he left I went in to do my quote & when I came out there was 2 vans sitting outside waiting to do the same lol

Spent a few ££££ with them but didn't get any back

Been placing adds in the local rags for 4-6 months, spending around £200-£300 a month, biggest job I had was disconnect a cooker then reconnect.

Pulling my adds out of the papers next week, save some money. Seem to get a lot more work from word of mouth, by going the extra mile, being friendly & offering good prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rated people in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
I was looking into a problem with flow rate in my bathroom. A bit confused with how flow rate, water pressure, pipe length, and difference in...
Replies
Views
The User Guide etc states an available temperature range of 25-80c. Various instructions found online instruct to turn it fully clockwise to...
Replies
Views
Hi, all! I'm a DIY'er who probably knows just enough to get myself in trouble, but fortunately I know my limitations, when it comes to projects I...
Replies
Views
Back