Discuss Rads not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hurst1978

:eek:Hi there people, hope all are well! Ive just started a plumbing cousre last september but dont actually work in the industry as such,iv been tiling for the last few years but want to progress in plumbing also.(anyone know if they want a plumbers mate in nottingham!) I have been trying to help family and friends resolve certain plumbing probs they may have but nothing to serious. Now for my question! got 2 rads that dont come on.1 upstairs 1 down stairs right below each other.(not combi boiler)All others ok. I have checked the valves are on! and have checked that the TRV's working ok i have also bled all the rads. Could anyone advise what else i could try or what might be the prob! Cheers Hursty

Hi As has been suggested air or muck. Turn of all rads. Remove air valve or plug at top of an offending rad, screw in a doc or male C to iron (some thing to direct water in to a bucket. Bucket ready turn on say wheel head remove say half a bucket full of water. Turn off and repeat with lock shield valve. screw plug back in turn rad on and check results. I am assuming its filled via F&E cistern. If not you will need to charge via filling loop. Good Luck

Hi, could try turning off all rads except one of the dodgy ones and see if the system forces it way thru to it???

Nice one il try removing the water! I did turn off working rads,thought it may force air out,but thanks anyway...:)

Could be your TRV's are sensing the temp of the room and stopping the flow or TRV's are being covered by a curtain or other object affecting its sensing capabilities. You could also try removing the sensor head from the TRV. The rad will be fully open at that. Just another option.

Good look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rads not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, (not sure if my last post worked so apologies if this is a duplicate). I have an Ideal Boiler (vogue max system 18) and a MegaFlo...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I moved into a 3 bed detached property June 2018, turned the heating on in the October and found the living room rad didnt come on. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a little advice and validation of current advice (from dad). So boiler has been loosing pressure with an error code of E119. The pressure...
Replies
Views
Hope it's permissible to request some input here... I live in a rented flat in London. We have two floors, ground and 1st, with radiator heating...
Replies
Views
Hi. I posted a few weeks ago because after my central heating system was drained and leaking valves repaired, I could hear the sound of water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock