Search the forum,

Discuss Radioters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ih1

Gas Engineer
Looking for some decent looking rads at a decent price
what rads do you guys generally use.

whatever my merchant stocks.
if the customer wants something abit special i tell them to order it themselves.

kudox from screwfix arn't too bad for a diyer to get :)

Centerrad. Had to fit a Henrad on Saturday, what a pile of poop.

Been useing the stelrad compact at work and there duff always buckled chipd and the grills hanging
any nice ones at a decent price out ther

Scum center? If they are damaged it is the warehouse/delivery staff. Hard to get anything over 1200 without a dent or scratch on it.
Softlines are ok and look a bit different. Center rads and compacts are cheap and ok.
A radiator is a radiator to me.

Been useing the stelrad compact at work and there duff always buckled chipd and the grills hanging

Thats the stockist. They don't come out of the factory like that. :)

What part of the country are you in?

Its for my own house so will be fittin 7 rad something beta than run off the mill

I go for the ones in Toolstation most of the times.
1) They are always avaliable
2) They are cheap

If I haven't got my wallet with me, then I buy from Plumbase on account.

Its for my own house so will be fittin 7 rad something beta than run off the mill

All ordinary steel panel radiators look much the same. The question is only whether they have been battered in transit or during installation. Have you got something a bit posher in mind - like flat panels or designer stuff?

I've been having the same trouble with Stelrad compacts. Have stopped buying them.

The Stelrad Softlines have much better packaging and i've never recieved a damaged one yet. They're the best looking rad out there IMHO, customers love them and they're around the same price as compacts.

I fit ultraheats mainly from my local indy. I have had one or two with the odd squashed bracket loop. I have hudevads in my own house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radioters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Rad is only a few years old. Paint is flaking away at the top curved section and it looks like faint spots of rust where the rad is now bare.
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock