Search the forum,

Discuss Radioters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ih1

Gas Engineer
Looking for some decent looking rads at a decent price
what rads do you guys generally use.

whatever my merchant stocks.
if the customer wants something abit special i tell them to order it themselves.

kudox from screwfix arn't too bad for a diyer to get :)

Centerrad. Had to fit a Henrad on Saturday, what a pile of poop.

Been useing the stelrad compact at work and there duff always buckled chipd and the grills hanging
any nice ones at a decent price out ther

Scum center? If they are damaged it is the warehouse/delivery staff. Hard to get anything over 1200 without a dent or scratch on it.
Softlines are ok and look a bit different. Center rads and compacts are cheap and ok.
A radiator is a radiator to me.

Been useing the stelrad compact at work and there duff always buckled chipd and the grills hanging

Thats the stockist. They don't come out of the factory like that. :)

What part of the country are you in?

Its for my own house so will be fittin 7 rad something beta than run off the mill

I go for the ones in Toolstation most of the times.
1) They are always avaliable
2) They are cheap

If I haven't got my wallet with me, then I buy from Plumbase on account.

Its for my own house so will be fittin 7 rad something beta than run off the mill

All ordinary steel panel radiators look much the same. The question is only whether they have been battered in transit or during installation. Have you got something a bit posher in mind - like flat panels or designer stuff?

I've been having the same trouble with Stelrad compacts. Have stopped buying them.

The Stelrad Softlines have much better packaging and i've never recieved a damaged one yet. They're the best looking rad out there IMHO, customers love them and they're around the same price as compacts.

I fit ultraheats mainly from my local indy. I have had one or two with the odd squashed bracket loop. I have hudevads in my own house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radioters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
We were painting my friends flat that he is renting. We used b and m gloss paint on skating boards etc. Unfortunately it's flaking everywhere. We don't want to spend an arm and a leg. But can you recommend a cheap but decent gloss paint so we don't encounter that problem again ?
Replies
Views
have a mixture of radiators range between 25 & 60 years old.Im having a new boiler fitted, do I change all the rads or just the old ones? Cheers
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat up but they are all connected via what I assume is Hep2O nothing is labled on the pipes that route behind the rad just on the flap behind the rad...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock