Discuss Rad sizing calculator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I need something where I can email the client my working out as he is a commercial surveyor and likes to know how you get to every decision. I'm looking for a good computer program, I don't mind paying for it as I will use it any way, rather than use an online freebie.

Again once it works out the size of rad it tells you how long it will take the output specified to heat the room and offers you to email results,

Yes. I have trued that app.
But presenting certain info to the app doesnt seem to affect the suggested rad size ???.

Regardless of messing with the delta t. The results are the same unless my app is Donald ducked ?

I tried alot of apps and the range and variation of results was staggering and the one i use gets the same answers if i did it manually and the same as willy wilsons who done a few for customers , so ive just stuck with it, but some of that free online ones are wild,

Just look at it this way and think about the merits of working it out properly rather than pacing the floors out and using some handed down coefficient, someone asks you to put central heating in an old bungalow built in 1950, new had a system in before its been recently rendered and the owner has just died and the new owners are asking you to size up everything, a friend of yours is building a new bungalow and the rooms by some quirk of fate are exactly the same size as the first bungalow, how much small will the radiators be in the new house by % and how much smaller will the boiler be. If you were to just have a simple guess I wonder what people would come up with in % terms, if you had a spreadsheet it would take you 2 minutes to change the "U" values and the ACR.

Kris is nearer the mark, he knows if he makes a mistake in his calculation he is the only one to blame, don't know how you would bollock an app and tell the custard when they are cold " its was my mobile that told me how to do it". Bet they do a pipe sizing app too.

It's the thin end of the wedge guys, perhaps this is why so many people are fitting there own installations and just get a GSR to do the fiddly bits, we need to keep a little bit of professionalism in our trade even though it is all slipping away from you, push fit is also tipping the scales too.

Bald Old Git that really does miss being on the tools and miss the smell of new radiators when you first turn on, water based paints don't smell any-more, where will it all end.

Look whatever way you are happy with and you don't have to go back and put a bigger rad in on a regular basis, if a rad is too big you will never know the TRV will take care of that.

Yes. I have trued that app.
But presenting certain info to the app doesnt seem to affect the suggested rad size ???.

Regardless of messing with the delta t. The results are the same unless my app is Donald ducked ?

Is you phone fully charged up ???:66: and have you got 5 bars :punk:

Thanks, I need something where I can email the client my working out as he is a commercial surveyor and likes to know how you get to every decision. I'm looking for a good computer program, I don't mind paying for it as I will use it any way, rather than use an online freebie.

EB,

You are going to need to comply, a spreadsheet would confuse the QS enough for you to get the job, look why don't you tell me what the house is made of, I will make you up a spreadsheet I will attach a data sheet with all the ever known "U" values since time began, all you need to do is fill in the gaps, and you are home and dry, you will need MS Excel on your PC, if you want me to help just PM me.

Tony

Pace out every room, if the rooms are under 4 paces by 4 paces square chuck a 4ft single in, if they are bigger use a 4ft double........simple

Always seemed to work for my old boss in the eighties

jeesus, so thats how you do it, lol

jeesus, so thats how you do it, lol

We used to have a customer who ordered rads by the square foot. Seriously, he would ask for 12 square feet for a room, and we were expected to work out whether he meant 600 x 1800 single or 600 x 900 double.

We used to have a customer who ordered rads by the square foot. Seriously, he would ask for 12 square feet for a room, and we were expected to work out whether he meant 600 x 1800 single or 600 x 900 double.

Yeh uts all square metres now.....
Wish people would get with the times... !

I tried alot of apps and the range and variation of results was staggering and the one i use gets the same answers if i did it manually and the same as willy wilsons who done a few for customers , so ive just stuck with it, but some of that free online ones are wild,
Which one are you using?
The mr combi one?

E/Bourneplumber,

Look in your email I have sent you the spreadsheet with all the calculations completed, looks like a 40 Kw boiler or perhaps with the size of the house
2 boilers rather than one to take the load, mega flow and boilers in the Utility room get builder to move the sink over to the left make you room for the boiler and the mega.

Good Luck with it and use the spreadsheet as your future heat loss tool.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rad sizing calculator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock