Discuss Rad sizing calculator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have to size a lot of radiators for a big detached house set in the countryside.
im looking for the best rad sizing calculator and wanted your opinion on what is the best / easiest to use.
thanks in advance

cubic feet of room multiplied by room multiplier gives you btu's. Very rough and ready, but rarely far off the money.

If you have a smart phone or android then theres an app called mr combi radiator calculator, very good app, i use it all the time and accurate,

Thanks, I need something where I can email the client my working out as he is a commercial surveyor and likes to know how you get to every decision. I'm looking for a good computer program, I don't mind paying for it as I will use it any way, rather than use an online freebie.

E/B

You should use a excel spreadsheet with all the 'U' values for that property, do it proper none of this rule of thumb,
and you need to use proper ACR, old houses a draughty places oh and before ermi jumps in what about insulation.

If you set up a spreadsheet you can use it over and over again just tweaking the "U" values for different properties
also at the end of the data divide the total heal loss by the floor area or the volume and it gives you and idea if these
rule of thumbs are anywhere near, sometime they are, and sometime not!

Good Luck

The real trade software is Hevacomp all bells and whistles, it cost ÂŁ1000s I have never seen a domestic one but there must be one, it will still
use a database or spreadsheet in there somewhere, you could write a MS access database but the spreadsheet is much easier.

Pace out every room, if the rooms are under 4 paces by 4 paces square chuck a 4ft single in, if they are bigger use a 4ft double........simple

Always seemed to work for my old boss in the eighties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rad sizing calculator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock