Discuss Quick question about new boiler installed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I hope someone can answer a question for me, I had a new combi boiler installation today, straight swap for the old one, the guy did a flush of the system using fernox 3 then added fernox f1. This is all from the info I have taken from the installation log. My question is he did it all in 3hrs, is it possible to do a system flush and install in this time? I am not a plumber or Rgi but I would have thought a flush would have taken alot longer alone

Thanks for any replys

Depending on the size of the system a powerflush will take the best part of a day , but a lot (me included ) use a system called a magna cleanse , they are a lot quicker . How many rads have you ?

There are 9 radiators and a adey Magna cleanse has been installed too

Thanks for replying

There are 9 radiators and a adey Magna clean has been installed too

Thanks for replying

If its got a magnaclean filter he may have used the magnacleanse system , it connects onto the filter unions . If he did , yes its do- able in 3 hours , especialy if the system wasnt too " bungged" up in the first place .

3 hours, yes can throw a boiler on the wall and hope it sticks ...... nuf said

Bloody hell , thanks to Lame I have just re-read , an install and a flush in 3 hours , I was thinking just a flush ( its been a long day lol)

Nah !! Thrown in

if you can post some pics up of the install plz

3 hours! would like to see a photo of the install, just the one bloke? I'm not doing flushing but the bloke that does it for me doesn't hang about and 8 rads (magnacleanse) takes about 3 hours

DSC_0126.jpgDSC_0127.jpgDSC_0128.jpg

Apart from the Magna clean and the new outflow pipe the rest of the pipework was already there

Personally I would of cut back that pipework and tidied it all up. Depends what sort of price your paying for it and what he said he Would do.

Yep pipework looks poor but to be fair to the installer he has just conected on to the existing pipes .
. It actually looks like a easy swap, I couldnt have done it in 3 though .

Rads aren't going to be very clean at three hours, all my systems get 5 mins either way on each rad, and a rinse till clear etc.... Also what is the maximum rads allowed on a Magna Micro 2? For the micro 1 it was 7..........

As I tell my Mrs, it's not how long it takes its how satisfying the end result is! Do the rads get hot? Decent hot water? What's your actual issue here? That he's earnt his money quicker than you'd like??

As I tell my Mrs, it's not how long it takes its how satisfying the end result is! Do the rads get hot? Decent hot water? What's your actual issue here? That he's earnt his money quicker than you'd like??

Sorry, the only way you can do a boiler swap and a "quality" flush in 3 hours is to skimp on proper flushing and chuck it in. End of.

As APP most of you are assuming that the system was very dirty and needed a PF, I've changed boilers where the system had been well maintained and system water came out like tap water, Not every install requires a PF, a chemical flush is more than enough.

Dear OP, theres a difference between flushing and power flushing, the installer has basically emptied the system , fitted new boiler and refilled system with system cleaner 3, let it circulate then emptied and refilled with inhibitor , of course u can do this in 3hrs if it was a straight swap ,
If hes qouted for a powerflush then he hasnt done what he said hed do , but if hes qouted to flush then he has done it ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quick question about new boiler installed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a quote for a new boiler installation. Quote said... Power Flush require and install new boiler, ==== After the boiler was started, it was...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock