Discuss Pump in attic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't accept that. Nobody knows everything but you should not be paying for his lack of research. If I need to install something I haven't encountered before, I download installation manuals before quoting the job, not during or after the installation.

I would be rectifying this installation FOC if it were me who had made the mistake.

Well said Mas

This is assuming though that he has installed it wrong

I think your issue is that you do not have sufficient static head for the pump. Your cold water tank (in the loft) must be a metre above the pump for the pump to kick in. Easiest option is to raise it on the rafters.

Hope this helps.

If its anegative as you say

He should just have to bleed the water through to the pump ( Fit some air vents )

And then usually the pump charges the little vessels and the start the switches once a shower is opened

So i would say tell him to install some air vents to fill the pump Cant be installed above a cwsc
I have never fitted this model but the salamander Universals

Thanks for tips. After speaking to manufacturers we've decided to bring it down into airing cupboard. I also drew up a programme to show him that we are behind schedule and compared what he has done vs the quote. So we've agreed on the quoted price. Feel a lot better.

It is definitely a twin negative 3 bar. But it's in the loft horizontal to the cwt and as other person said there sufficient static head. I should have just converted to a combi boiler.

If it's negative head pump it can be installed above the hot water tank. They are designed for when the head is less than 60cm. All it needs to detect is the tiniest amount of flow and away it goes. I've fitted them in lofts before as customer has wanted them installed there to reduce noise, admittedly it was a salamander but they all work off the same principle

Yes horizontal. From what I understood from manufacturer was the cold water tank needed to be 1m above it.
So he either has to raise it or bring it down. I'm now trying to dismantle my st james lever tap handle and put white ceramic sleeves on instead of the black. Sorry if I don't make sense.... its probably because I just have know idea .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump in attic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock