Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Problem with two pump system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bishbosh

Hi, I have removed a old glow worm boiler gravity feed system with 4x 22mm pipes flow and return going in to each side of boiler.
Just fitted worcester 24 ri boiler and have pipped it up to the 4 pipes altered pipework in airing cupboard as the pump was on the return, is now on the flow with moterised 3 port valve. & have removed the pump in the garage.
But boiler starts & then locks out . not sure about the 4 pipes and weather two add the pump in garage back in or cut out the 2 pipes ?

Im going back to this job tommorw would be glad of some suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
are you a plumber, builder, or property maintainer ? you need to check what pipes were for heating and what were for the hw circuit. you seemed to have mixed them up and are probably getting a poor flow and the boiler is sensing this and cutting out. I expect one of the pumps has to go back on or redo the pipe work so you only need the boiler pump. ps whats a builder doing working on gas?

Well your four pipes were flow and return to cyinder and flow and return to heating ,this is the circuit which had the pump on ,to pump water round rads
sounds like you have got your pipes mixed up and boiler over heating due to lack of circulation,you may well have a non return valve fitted somewere on heating circuit to stop old back feed,so that may cause a problem,without seeing hard to comment more
Maybe you should call in some help to sort out ,could be an expensive mistake if not

thanks for your reply.
Im reg gas safe but i renovate propreties as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with two pump system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock