Discuss Problem with roomstat reciever in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darrenangel

Hi there folks. Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this problem please. I have an open vented S plan system. The problem first started recently when the heating didn't come on via the timer. After checking the pump, valves and roomstat, i have narrowed the problem to the roomstat receiver( I think). I bypassed the roomstat receiver in the electrical box, left it a couple of days and the heating worked every time, though obviously not controlled by the roomstat. I thought it was probably a wiring issue as the system doesn't look that old, so i rewired the box and everything worked well for a couple of days, now i'm back to bypassing the roomstat again. Should I just replace the roomstat and receiver or could it still be a wiring problem. I have a digistat RF1 and a digistat SCR.
Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.

If the wiring is correct just replace it I have had loads of problems with these anything over 4 years seems to be a bonus.

Thanks for the reply Millsy, 4 years doesn't seem like great value for money, I know they are older than that. Must I use the same type or can I change the make/model without having to rewire the whole thing. Also do I need to replace the roomstat as well as the receiver, the green light comes on the receiver every time the roomstat calls for heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would replace both as I have tried just replacing the receiver and end up getting called back after a few months.

No RF stat is brilliant I prefer the honeywell as they do seem to last a bit longer that would need the receiver rewiring.

Sorry if i'm sounding a bit thick now, but I have drayton 5 wire valves, can I connect honeywell stats and keep these same valves. This is for my own house, not for a job.

not sure if it's the same models I've dealt with RF! (Drayton / B.G.), if so there's a commissioning procedure

not sure if it's the same models I've dealt with RF! (Drayton / B.G.), if so there's a commissioning procedure

if the green light is coming on then it will already be linked to the receiver.

I've gone through the commissioning and it works for a couple of days, then stops working again and i have to bypass the receiver to get the heating back on.

The Drayton RF stats are rubbish. The receivers are a big problem.

Ditch these and go for a different make.

ditch the rf and hard wire a room stat, i know it can be a problem at times getting a cable out there, but long term, it'll be a more reliable way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with roomstat reciever in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
I have a ideal logic 30 boiler ,the thermostat receiver looks to have died ( no lights on wired receiver ) I believe this need# replacing but in...
Replies
Views
The clock timer on the Mt10rf transmitter does not work, but it can be used in day mode to get the heating on. Is Drayton LP10RF a suitable...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock