Discuss primatic cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aces37

hi guys i have an old girl with a very old bbu and primatic cylinder she has very little money so taking out the cylinder is out
her hot water is brown this is the air gap gone do i just drain the cylinder and refill slowly to reset the air gap or do I need to do more???

That would be the first course of action and check boiler thermostat is ok and not letting heating system water boil up

imho

Drain and refill and it will reform the air bubble.
Remember the water may still be a bit mucky for a bit until the silt settles settles down again.

hi guys cheers will do it I knew what is was from college days but it is only the second 1 i have come across in years the last one was easy as they wanted it out and a combi in but this old girl cant afford to do that. so cheers for the reasurance.

Remember to open hot taps whilst draining the ch and leave them open when refilling the ch until water comes through then close them off or else the bubble won't form

Get in touch with Warmfront to see if she qualifies for a new system.

Wouldn't touch warm front with a barge pole stick to what you doing and hope for the best!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to primatic cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi, Hi wonder if anyone could help? I have a customer that has recently had backflow problems with her cylinder. She gets very hot water coming...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the...
Replies
Views
J
I can't get a consensus on this from four plumbers that have visited. We've been using the system with no prpblems for 7 years - but the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock