Search the forum,

Discuss Cylinder problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the mains water, turned boiler off (Remeha avanta)
and opened the hot kitchen tap to drain the cylinder.

After doing the work etc, Everything up and running, the hot water isn't coming out the taps piping hot like usual....

Any ideas please guys

So, the water is coming out of the hot taps at its normal flow rate but just isn't getting hot enough?., if this is whats happening, looks like something on the heating side, is the cylinder heated with a heating coil or a electrical heating element(s)?

So, the water is coming out of the hot taps at its normal flow rate but just isn't getting hot enough?., if this is whats happening, looks like something on the heating side, is the cylinder heated with a heating coil or a electrical heating element(s)?
Yes correct, flow is perfectly normal.

Via Coil I believe, it does have an immersion which has always been unplugged.

Central hearing works perfect.

Has draining the cylinder caused any damage ?

Should I of switched anything else off other then the boiler ?

Thanks

Switching off the boiler should have been OK. When you request HW heating on, does the boiler fire up and stay running?, check the cylinder stat setting, should be 60C, boiler flow temperature target temperature (set point) should be 65C/70C .

Did you leave it an hour to heat up ?

Reply to Cylinder problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock