Search the forum,

Discuss Price for a power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just seen someone advertising a power flush (max 10 rads) for £350 - 10% so £315. Seems a bit cheap to me.

I have never done a power flush so can't say if that is a decent price or not. What do you guys charge, is that a reasonable price to charge?

Just asking out of interest really

Seems alright... Minus inhibitor & cleaner still a good days wage!

Some powerflushes are better than others tho ;)

350 to 400. A days pay, plus odds and sods, plus 50 against my machine.

Have you missed a 0 off the end of that mate?! Not like you!..

Oh yeah sorry I forgot the 0 at the end ha ha ha.

Seriously though I love it when asked for a price for a flush, and custard says they have had a price from BG, or such, could probably double that price of £325 and still get the job

Cheers guys, I have never done a power flush so lack the confidence to quote. How do you price according to rads if more than 10?

How do you carry out a power flush? one lad said to me, take a rad off, connect up machine then off you go.

Cheers guys, I have never done a power flush so lack the confidence to quote. How do you price according to rads if more than 10?

How do you carry out a power flush? one lad said to me, take a rad off, connect up machine then off you go.

Have a look here, it will give you the basics:
Kamco User Guides

look at the quick guide.

Over 10 rads then it is £32.50 + vat per extra rad.

The main thing I have encountered when doing them is most people think they are a "cure all" solution, which we all know they are not

Have a look here, it will give you the basics:
Kamco User Guides

look at the quick guide.

Over 10 rads then it is £32.50 + vat per extra rad.

The main thing I have encountered when doing them is most people think they are a "cure all" solution, which we all know they are not

I can imagine!

When I first went on my own about 12 year ago I got one straight away.
Never had my gas, knew nothing about boilers. Still don't.
Anyway, they were a nightmare. Like he said and probably more so pre internet, customer thought they would cure all. For the money, who can blame them. When I did them,they caused more bother! I hate them
The first 2 out of 3 I did, I didn't get paid. I think I knackered a pump on the first one which in turn blew a fuse on the boiler. The pump was ancient - I think I was charging about 200quidI reckon BG were charging 700-800. How much now??
The next one I spent all day flushing the system and one or two rads wouldn't get hot. The rads were piped in 6mm? So I should have known it wasn't going to work. I had no experience of heating.I only asked for payment on the chemicals. I ended up selling the pump after about 5years.
Bought another off Ray last year, used it once and I want rid again!
A customers boiler man reckoned her Biasi wouldn't work cause it needed a flush. After 1-2days I gave up. Boiler was faulty.....

Can anyone remember the national Powerflush company that used to advertise a lot using an elephant logo?! Red elephant I think. I wonder if theyre still going. I think they advertised in the plumbers mag, think it was a franchise

Last edited:
Really depends how you flush.
I did a microbore last week on a Wbosch cdi. Whole downstairs cold. Some never worked for months.
Drop down system tank fed.
Froze the FnR off. Cut into the system. Isolated the boiler from the flush (as create so much drag with the pump and diverter etc in the loop)
X800 norstrom heat and kamco mag.
Started downstairs loop 1st.
Then upstairs as a whole.
Then onto individual rads with a gentle vibration from a special drill I have. Then refit boiler run system up and drain down. Balance

Perfect result.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first went on my own about 12 year ago I got one straight away.
Never had my gas, knew nothing about boilers. Still don't.
Anyway, they were a nightmare. Like he said and probably more so pre internet, customer thought they would cure all. For the money, who can blame them. When I did them,they caused more bother! I hate them
The first 2 out of 3 I did, I didn't get paid. I think I knackered a pump on the first one which in turn blew a fuse on the boiler. The pump was ancient - I think I was charging about 200quidI reckon BG were charging 700-800. How much now??
The next one I spent all day flushing the system and one or two rads wouldn't get hot. The rads were piped in 6mm? So I should have known it wasn't going to work. I had no experience of heating.I only asked for payment on the chemicals. I ended up selling the pump after about 5years.
Bought another off Ray last year, used it once and I want rid again!
A customers boiler man reckoned her Biasi wouldn't work cause it needed a flush. After 1-2days I gave up. Boiler was faulty.....

Can anyone remember the national Powerflush company that used to advertise a lot using an elephant logo?! Red elephant I think. I wonder if theyre still going. I think they advertised in the plumbers mag, think it was a franchise

Power Flushing your Central Heating | POWERFLUSH LTD

Haha who buys a powerflush franchise
More importantly, who calls their kid Tarquin?

Last edited:
"Is true test of the breadth of your business skills"

im sure it is lol.
"Wheres this blooody work you promised....?"

Kamco used to have a disclaimer form you could download. Get customer to sign it first.

Someone on my Facebook page was saying they wanted a powerflush before I could reply some muppet plumber I know said you should never pay more than 200 quid .
I was thinking about doing powerflushing again but decided to veer away after couple issues in the past .

I'm always wary of people asking for power flushes. I ask loads of questions before hand. I do them in half a day, and charge around £300.
I offer them with a boiler change, they normally decline. I fit a Magna clean and give a manual flush. Unless it's caked obviously.

I'm not a big fan of powerflushing. If I get a call asking for a price to do one, I always tell them that I wont guarantee it will fix their problems unless I diagnose it. Most people aren't interested then, the ones who are I generally talk into letting me do a diagnostic visit first which I offer to take off the price if it does indeed need a powerflush and they go with my quote. The last 3 I have been do have been stuck TRV's, a knackered pump and a faulty zone valve. They were very happy once fixed for much less than the price of a powerflush.

I'm always wary of people asking for power flushes. I ask loads of questions before hand. I do them in half a day, and charge around £300.
I offer them with a boiler change, they normally decline. I fit a Magna clean and give a manual flush. Unless it's caked obviously.

That's about right, most custards don't want to pay the extra!

Interesting info.

Going to try and jump on a power flush with one of the lads to see how it's done for myself.

Interesting info.

Going to try and jump on a power flush with one of the lads to see how it's done for myself.

Then you'd be assuming they were doing it properly. As far as I'm aware it's down to testing the water with a kit at the end. Which I'm sure everybody does.

Hi Guys ,
Does any one know if Power Flushs HAVE to have Hot water from boiler to clean rads properly or is cold water OK ,
Thanks .

Thanks Simon and Mfgs for quick replies , I would like to use hot water , but the existing System Boiler is leaking a little , and if I do it now the leak may get worse during the process . I am going to put a new boiler in soon , But if I wait until after I install it and flush it thru the new boiler I wonder if it may be bad for the boiler . Or I could disconnect the old boiler and flush pipe work etc with cold water & Chemicals BEFORE connecting the new boiler in .
Any thoughts ?

Have you got a magnacleanse you could use in tandem with the powerflush, that way it would stop any sludge getting into the new boiler. If not I would just powerflush the system when changing the boiler and do it cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Price for a power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock