Discuss Price for a power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just seen someone advertising a power flush (max 10 rads) for £350 - 10% so £315. Seems a bit cheap to me.

I have never done a power flush so can't say if that is a decent price or not. What do you guys charge, is that a reasonable price to charge?

Just asking out of interest really

Seems alright... Minus inhibitor & cleaner still a good days wage!

Some powerflushes are better than others tho ;)

350 to 400. A days pay, plus odds and sods, plus 50 against my machine.

Have you missed a 0 off the end of that mate?! Not like you!..

Oh yeah sorry I forgot the 0 at the end ha ha ha.

Seriously though I love it when asked for a price for a flush, and custard says they have had a price from BG, or such, could probably double that price of £325 and still get the job

Cheers guys, I have never done a power flush so lack the confidence to quote. How do you price according to rads if more than 10?

How do you carry out a power flush? one lad said to me, take a rad off, connect up machine then off you go.

Cheers guys, I have never done a power flush so lack the confidence to quote. How do you price according to rads if more than 10?

How do you carry out a power flush? one lad said to me, take a rad off, connect up machine then off you go.

Have a look here, it will give you the basics:
Kamco User Guides

look at the quick guide.

Over 10 rads then it is £32.50 + vat per extra rad.

The main thing I have encountered when doing them is most people think they are a "cure all" solution, which we all know they are not

Have a look here, it will give you the basics:
Kamco User Guides

look at the quick guide.

Over 10 rads then it is £32.50 + vat per extra rad.

The main thing I have encountered when doing them is most people think they are a "cure all" solution, which we all know they are not

I can imagine!

When I first went on my own about 12 year ago I got one straight away.
Never had my gas, knew nothing about boilers. Still don't.
Anyway, they were a nightmare. Like he said and probably more so pre internet, customer thought they would cure all. For the money, who can blame them. When I did them,they caused more bother! I hate them
The first 2 out of 3 I did, I didn't get paid. I think I knackered a pump on the first one which in turn blew a fuse on the boiler. The pump was ancient - I think I was charging about 200quidI reckon BG were charging 700-800. How much now??
The next one I spent all day flushing the system and one or two rads wouldn't get hot. The rads were piped in 6mm? So I should have known it wasn't going to work. I had no experience of heating.I only asked for payment on the chemicals. I ended up selling the pump after about 5years.
Bought another off Ray last year, used it once and I want rid again!
A customers boiler man reckoned her Biasi wouldn't work cause it needed a flush. After 1-2days I gave up. Boiler was faulty.....

Can anyone remember the national Powerflush company that used to advertise a lot using an elephant logo?! Red elephant I think. I wonder if theyre still going. I think they advertised in the plumbers mag, think it was a franchise

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Price for a power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock