Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss pressure test full ch system y plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
how many of you have ever done the air pressure test to a full ch system ?

me - never

Last edited:
I always air test my work where ever possible. Makes filling the system stress free.

only time i have ever pressure tested pipework is on commercial new builds, in domestic its pretty much water tested to 2 bar, leave to stand for 20-30 mins then heat tested

I've had too many faulty fittings over the years. I'd much rather hear the hiss of air than the drip of water.

ive air tested lots of stuff bepending on situations try to air test anything that will be impossible to access later under screed behind casings etc also depends whats below 3mil flats can contain a lot of exspensive stuff and their owners are well versed in the insurance claim game the smallest drip will be right on top of their favorite rembrant

never on heating systems only on gas carcus before screed goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pressure test full ch system y plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views
Customer complained of hot water tank getting hot when no demand Y plan system couldn't see any issues so I watched it Timer set to CH only, HW...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just installed a Tado system with the Wireless Reciever and Two Smart Thermostats. Without getting into the weeds of Tado, I want to...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock