Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Titanium problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

giarc00007

Gas Engineer
customer just been on phone saying when boiler is turned on it is constantly lighting for hot water when they arent calling for hot water, but if they ask for hot water it stops. if they ask for heating it will overide the hot water. any suggestions guys?

So it's a baxi (effectively), thought they has a 10 year warranty?

So if they ask for hot water do they get hot water? odd one dude

Hall effect Sensor fubared. A little neon lights up when a tap is ran, have a look see what thats doing. Disconnect it perhaps, see what happens. If it's not the sensor and someone hasn't tampered with it, it can only be pcb interpreting the signal wrong.

So it's a baxi (effectively), thought they has a 10 year warranty?

So if they ask for hot water do they get hot water? odd one dude

That's what's weird boiler ignites for hot water when no tap is open, but when hot tap is open it stops the demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Titanium problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the mains water, turned boiler off (Remeha avanta) and opened the hot kitchen tap to drain the cylinder. After doing the work etc, Everything up and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock