Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar Ri Boiler Knocking in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't tend to hear it again. The radiators are still getting hot and the hot water is heating fine too. I will say it does seem to be a little worse when it's just the central heating running as opposed to just the hot water tank running.
As it's a new sound, im just curious if its the start of a bigger problem?

Thank you

Sounds like pipes expanding eg contraction and expansion on a joists

Sounds like pipes expanding eg contraction and expansion on a joists
Thanks for the reply Shaun. I hadn't thought of that possibility, but after checking out some videos it does sound very similar. Is there any particular reason why the sound is only around the boiler, I've checked through the house, by radiators, and I cant hear it anywhere.

Thanks for the reply Shaun. I hadn't thought of that possibility, but after checking out some videos it does sound very similar. Is there any particular reason why the sound is only around the boiler, I've checked through the house, by radiators, and I cant hear it anywhere.

Could be right above the boiler pipework or the boiler pipes internally expanding etc

Reply to Worcester Greenstar Ri Boiler Knocking in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock