Discuss Potterton promax SL making a humming sound. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

flesi

Gas Engineer
Hi guys, having a problem with a potterton promax SL making a humming /vibrating noises. Gas ratio & inlet pressure it's fine. Has anyone come across this issue before. Cheers in advance.

either swarf in the fan plastic venturi or a heat exchanger casting fault or sludge in the main heat exchanger or faulty burner
take your pick

Cheers gasman, I do suspect the fan, the boiler is only 2year old and the quality of water is fine.

If the noise happens on start up check the flue turret to boiler gasket - it could be perished

The noise happens after the boiler runs for a little while and it doesn't do all the time.

Cheers gasman, I do suspect the fan, the boiler is only 2year old and the quality of water is fine.
TBH even though i fit baxi/potterton combis i wont touch the heat only solo/promax/gold etc fitted one never again

I've had this problem on start up on fitting 2 previous vokera mynutes VHE's, you think its mostly down to sludge in Heat Exchanger? it does sound like the fan mind you, I know they are crap boilers but we don't get paid to powerflush or anything before fitting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton promax SL making a humming sound. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
  • Question
Hi, I have the combi boiler Potterton/Baxi Promax Ultra 40. When I set the temperature to (e.g.) 45°C, the boiler fire up and stay at max power...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
T
A constant ‘hum’ noise has started and I’ve traced it back to the water meter in the street in front of the house. The noise internally can be...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock