Currently reading:
Potterton promax SL making a humming sound.

Discuss Potterton promax SL making a humming sound. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

flesi

Gas Engineer
Hi guys, having a problem with a potterton promax SL making a humming /vibrating noises. Gas ratio & inlet pressure it's fine. Has anyone come across this issue before. Cheers in advance.

either swarf in the fan plastic venturi or a heat exchanger casting fault or sludge in the main heat exchanger or faulty burner
take your pick

Cheers gasman, I do suspect the fan, the boiler is only 2year old and the quality of water is fine.

If the noise happens on start up check the flue turret to boiler gasket - it could be perished

The noise happens after the boiler runs for a little while and it doesn't do all the time.

Cheers gasman, I do suspect the fan, the boiler is only 2year old and the quality of water is fine.
TBH even though i fit baxi/potterton combis i wont touch the heat only solo/promax/gold etc fitted one never again

I've had this problem on start up on fitting 2 previous vokera mynutes VHE's, you think its mostly down to sludge in Heat Exchanger? it does sound like the fan mind you, I know they are crap boilers but we don't get paid to powerflush or anything before fitting them.

I've had this problem on start up on fitting 2 previous vokera mynutes VHE's, you think its mostly down to sludge in Heat Exchanger? it does sound like the fan mind you, I know they are crap boilers but we don't get paid to powerflush or anything before fitting them.
the only time i'd recommend a vokera is if youre not doing a powerflush, the tubes in the heat exchanger are 3 times thicker than a vaillant
or so the rep said, and to be fair to him you have to have big kahunas to stand around a busy merchants trying to promote vokera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton promax SL making a humming sound. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock