Currently reading:
Plumbing design for horse washing station...

Discuss Plumbing design for horse washing station... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi . Trying to work out best way to get hot water to two horse washing stables. What is there now is a block of old stables. At one end is two large water tanks feeding each stable water troughs. They want hot water to wash the horses down using the last two stables which is 50m away from cold tanks. If I put a cylinder with 2 immersion heaters below cold water tanks then the hot water would have to travel 50m at 0.2 bar pressure to point of use.could take a while.
I could put the hot water cylinder near the end stables being used with supply from cold tank insulated, but if I run the vent pipe back to the cold water tanks that is 50m away. Does the vent pipe have to vent over cold water tank?
Putting a combination tank height in the stables is going to be difficult as no where to build a platform and suspect old beams may not hold 160kgs
Any suggestions would be welcome

I've got a similar project to do soon. Replace instantaneous LPG water heaters with a more reliable set up to feed 5 wash bays for horses. Was thinking of 2 open vent cylinders, both with 2 immersions each. Thermostatic mixing valve a with tank fed cold (obviously) and pump the outlet to the 5 bays. Need to work out some calcs for sizing of cisterns and cylinders though.

Dead leg is a length of pipe with no return route. In other words, you will have to draw off a significant amount of water that is in the 50m of pipe before you reach the heated water in the cylinder.

ae235 (1).jpgae235 (2).jpgae235.jpgHere's another idea.

Showerking Eccotemp CEL5 Portable LPG Propane Gas Tankless Shower 10kW | NoLinkingToThis

Thanks seen those tankless showers, are they any good. Saw a post of somone changing system form this to a more reliable one.!Have to wash 5 horses every day. How long would the gas last, Don't want to be changing tank every 2 weeks. Any one use these before

I don't personally have any experience of this unit....but seems a very fair price. You could have more than one cylinder, fitted with a change over kit.

Ive owned horses for years and the last thing Id want in any yard is propane cylinders and heaters like that! my insurers wouldnt be very happy either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing design for horse washing station... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back