Search the forum,

Discuss plumbers mate wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello sgi this is something i would be willing to do but as of now i have just started level2 and in my 1st year doing a day release .
im a fully qualified tiler and own my own company (business partner in the company is a plumber) but as we work on batrooms and kitchens every day taking out and putting in bathroom suites is a breeze the hardest bit to me is the pipework and drainage is this something you would offer as training ?

sorry mate ,I am heating engineer and most of the work 90% is Gas heating related , drainage I do not touch my self and pipe work you mean how to run it or principals of systems lay out ? over all I am looking for some one that is interest to learn gas heating work !
thank you

For anyone else looking at this.
What is on offer is work installing heating systems or rather boiler swaps
It won't be suitable for CC's as it is hard work and you need to have a good bit knowledge in place.
It is not work to gain brownie points for an NVQ or ACS.
If you fk up or can't manage it Stan will have to bail you out which will mean a 16hr shift for him and a hair pull and no wages for you.
The money being offered is probably more than you are on now (excluding the se guys who have differing opinions of what is a good rate)

I can't believe this
There is at least 1 new (plumber) joins on here every few days saying looking for work and desperate then a member offers someone a good opertuinty but as they know it's going to be hard work very little interest what a joke
Stan I hope you get sorted might be better looking elsewhere for someone as think most of the ones on here have not got a clue what work is just want easy money

yes mate no one has contacted me as yet ,last time when I did look for someone , one guy did contact me and he is working with me , he is a good worker and I need some one to help him as some times we do 4th floor flats and there is no elevator and you can imaging the amount of time I sent him to the van but he is a good lad and gets double of what I offered on this post !
If I was going to offer 100 a day there will be many replays bask as every one wants good money without having the experience and knowledge , but I an waiting to see if a true plumber wanna be will contact me to get train as a gas fitter !

To be frank, I can't see many, if any wanting to take up this great offer of work. They have to provide their own van, tools, be self employed, it's not going to be an 8hr day....All for £50 a day! Reading between the lines, this isn't a I'm going to train you to be a plumber job, it's a I have a lot of work and I need a labourer, to do all my humping and running around for 2 weeks.

What is wrong with you people replaying to my threads that I am looking for some tradesman , all full with negative emotions on there posts , come on lads cheer up and do you self a favour and be positive , been positive do not cost you a penny !

What is this got to do with you is my Q ? Eat your pennants and stay munkey and do not replay to my post !And go and sort your self out you are full of negative vibes all over your posts ! :)

When i am out the army, if i see any opportunities such as this i won't need to read to it twice i'd snap it up. People cant be as desperate to learn and earn as they would have us believe!

What is this got to do with you is my Q ? Eat your pennants and stay munkey and do not replay to my post !And go and sort your self out you are full of negative vibes all over your posts ! :)

Firstly appologies, if you think the post was negative, maybe it was, but maybe it wasn't. All I have done is read your original post, in what you were asking for.
My opinon and I'm perfectly free to express it, is your asking for too much for too little, see your original post. You want them fitting bathrooms for you, hanging radiators for you, provide transport for you as well as tools, travel between Essex, South London & West London. For £50 a day? It's certainly not a living wage, it's certainly not a fair wage for what you are expecting from them either. It more than likely won't comply with minimum wages legislation if their over 21, because of the very nature of the work. Unless of course the work is a crash bang wallop job. I think you mentioned somewhere 5 boilers a week? So no 8 hour days then?
Your not training anyone, training is done at college, experience is done on site. Many a employer loves to pay next to nothing for labour, but in most cases, it just shows the business and the employer for what they are. Whether you give them a 50p wage rise at the end of the 2 week period is irrelivent. Your not paying a fair wage for what you want fact!

I do not have need for your apology at all ,as you have been more then arrogant in your posts and unfair ! You do not know me and my work to give your opinion over anything AT ALL , so please keep quiet and is better so say nothing then what you have done !
you are in london and we could have helped each other but after this type of comments over my self for who you KNOW ABSOLUTELY nothing just rings the bell what type of personality you have :)

Firstly appologies, if you think the post was negative, maybe it was, but maybe it wasn't. All I have done is read your original post, in what you were asking for.
My opinon and I'm perfectly free to express it, is your asking for too much for too little, see your original post. You want them fitting bathrooms for you, hanging radiators for you, provide transport for you as well as tools, travel between Essex, South London & West London. For £50 a day? It's certainly not a living wage, it's certainly not a fair wage for what you are expecting from them either. It more than likely won't comply with minimum wages legislation if their over 21, because of the very nature of the work. Unless of course the work is a crash bang wallop job. I think you mentioned somewhere 5 boilers a week? So no 8 hour days then?
Your not training anyone, training is done at college, experience is done on site. Many a employer loves to pay next to nothing for labour, but in most cases, it just shows the business and the employer for what they are. Whether you give them a 50p wage rise at the end of the 2 week period is irrelivent. Your not paying a fair wage for what you want fact!

Can I just state on this matter that £50 per day is a fair wage, this is coming from somebody who would love this opportunity, I live not too far away from west london, but essex would be a 3 hour drive for me.

What he is offering is £250 per week, this is £1000 per month, for any young person with no family, this is superb, it would mean that they have food and a roof over their head, whilst learning a trade that will keep them in good stead for life.

however the person with negative comments on here, firstly, this guy has given his time and money to give a person a job, secondly this is the expected starting wage for anybody going into plumbing and will consist of getting tools out of the van all day, not exactly hard work for £50 per day.
and thirdly, the op should be thanked for giving back to the community, how many gas engineers can say that they would employ 1, let alone 2 people and train them up, not many.
the op obviously isnt rubbish or he wouldnt have so much work, he has worked hard to get where he is and comments like yours should not be expressed.

they do not help or encourage other plumbers to do the same thing.

like said before, nothing good to say dont say nothing at all.

jase 158 where do you live ,if you get your self to my home I will drive you to work and back ,this is what I do at the moment with my other plumbers mate ! do you have a cscs card ?

Take the first plane and I will pick you up from heatrow air port on the way To work at 6:15am :)

£50 a day is a fair rate i must say, not as if you would be expected to be doing all the hard work for that, a plumbers mate is not a plumber, its a fancy word for labourer, sure you can progress and become as good as a plumber through experience, i know a heating engineers mate who is one of the best workers in my old company, was better than the 2 lazy heating engineers, he never complained about the different salary or anything like that, plus he will no doubt be rewarded with a pay rise for being such an asset to the company.

after all a plumbers mate pretty much does the apprentices job, and they learn through experience, only difference is the college but you can buy your own reference books for the theory part.

I'm from Northamptonshire but I can travel for the 2 week trail period and depending on the wage thereafter and the amount of work I will move closer to your location. I have a couple of years plumbing/heating/gas experience, NVQ2 plumbing, own Gas Safe Registration, CIS number, CSCS card in the post, tools and transport. I start a NVQ3 soon (2 evenings and week for 2 years) but am looking to move closer to London and this could be an ideal situation.
Any more information would be welcomed.

if dave don't get it and the job is still up for grabs in 12 months i'll be offering my services! (cscs should be here next week too) lol :icon10:

Was it only the one guy your after?
I'm gonna be in London tomorrow and was hoping to pop by about 4:30 if your about on Streatham then?

Would just like to say anybody who turns their nose up at this opportunity is bonkers!!! And to say 50 quid a day isnt enough is rubbish! I started as a ventilation fitters mate on 35quid a day and had to pay my own train fare every day! And i was STILL grateful.

jase 158 where do you live ,if you get your self to my home I will drive you to work and back ,this is what I do at the moment with my other plumbers mate ! do you have a cscs card ?

Hi SGI, I am in buckinghamshire, I dont have cscs, but just waiting for NVQ certificates to come so that I can apply.

Where abouts do you live, when would I be able to start.

Would just like to say anybody who turns their nose up at this opportunity is bonkers!!! And to say 50 quid a day isnt enough is rubbish! I started as a ventilation fitters mate on 35quid a day and had to pay my own train fare every day! And i was STILL grateful.

half the lies you tell aint true Lee :) LOL

[DLMURL="http://www.unitetheunion.org/pdf/IssuedPayRates20112012Prom163A3.pdf"]JIB plumbing rates for 2011/12 [/DLMURL]if as the post requires, your self employed, and you need to provide your own tools, plus your own van, not forgetting if you are self employed you also need your own public liability insurance. Then the pay rate needs to be higher and reflective of what is required. Anything less is cheap labour. I don't really give a toss whether you like my post, these are the facts. I'll give you credit for paying peanuts as there are many businesses only to willing to offer "trial periods" with no pay, only to terminate the employment when the work quiets down considerably.

Last edited by a moderator:
so therefore do you think gordan ramsey gets the same money as a chef in a small resturant "NO" so therefore dont no how you can compere jib rates to a small firm completely different gassafe install has said he will pay trial rates then proper rate if trainiee any good

[DLMURL="http://www.unitetheunion.org/pdf/IssuedPayRates20112012Prom163A3.pdf"]JIB plumbing rates for 2011/12 [/DLMURL]if as the post requires, your self employed, and you need to provide your own tools, plus your own van, not forgetting if you are self employed you also need your own public liability insurance. Then the pay rate needs to be higher and reflective of what is required. Anything less is cheap labour. I don't really give a toss whether you like my post, these are the facts. I'll give you credit for paying peanuts as there are many businesses only to willing to offer "trial periods" with no pay, only to terminate the employment when the work quiets down considerably.

If thats the case will you give any surplus wages you earn to charity as these people have determined exactly what you should earn?

Anything over what they say should not be allowed either.

And theoretically he has stuck by these guidelines

8 x 6.24 per hour = 49.92 per day, he was offering £50 per day

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbers mate wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock