Search the forum,

Discuss plumbers mate wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
so therefore do you think gordan ramsey gets the same money as a chef in a small resturant "NO" so therefore dont no how you can compere jib rates to a small firm completely different gassafe install has said he will pay trial rates then proper rate if trainiee any good

Minimum wage for a plumber 14.55 p/h
Maximum wage 15.89 p/h
maximum wage per week £596 p/w

Unless you work over time.

Really, wonder how many people complain when they earn £3000 per week

Sorry but this is a load of rubbish, don't know what this applies to. but a difference of £1.40 per hour for gas experience and certification. don't think so.

If thats the case will you give any surplus wages you earn to charity as these people have determined exactly what you should earn?

Anything over what they say should not be allowed either.

And theoretically he has stuck by these guidelines

8 x 6.24 per hour = 49.92 per day, he was offering £50 per day

Only if he is employing them on the cards will he be, as they are required to provide, transport, tools, own p/l insurance then the rate he is paying is low.

Only if he is employing them on the cards will he be, as they are required to provide, transport, tools, own p/l insurance then the rate he is paying is low.

he has asked for somebody with a van, so they are not paying out, tools also already got and P/L insurance is under his as he is contractor. and again if you are self employed you already have.

only thing you are pying for is transport which is understandable as the experience is your reward for paying for fuel. £10 per day is nothing really in exchange for experience, can't buy that at a training centre. I know hundreds of people who would quite literally cut off their right hand for this opportunity. I get 4-5 call a month for this sort of thing and you are spitting it back in his face, how rude.

so therefore do you think gordan ramsey gets the same money as a chef in a small resturant "NO" so therefore dont no how you can compere jib rates to a small firm completely different gassafe install has said he will pay trial rates then proper rate if trainiee any good

Gordon Ramsey, isn't really a good example after all he is forever closing restaurants down because they make no money. So just what is a fair trial rate? It certainly isn't one where you have to provide your own transport to the employer @ £50 a day. Anyway for all of you willing to work for this measly amount of money per day, I'll up it to £80 plus cover your parking, congestion and chuck in £35 fuel allowance....

he has asked for somebody with a van, so they are not paying out, tools also already got and P/L insurance is under his as he is contractor. and again if you are self employed you already have.

only thing you are pying for is transport which is understandable as the experience is your reward for paying for fuel. £10 per day is nothing really in exchange for experience, can't buy that at a training centre. I know hundreds of people who would quite literally cut off their right hand for this opportunity. I get 4-5 call a month for this sort of thing and you are spitting it back in his face, how rude.

If your self employed, you should have your own insurance. If you don't your a fool. As for the rest of your post you've completely lost me..

really dont think it has anything to do with anyone except gassafe install and whoever he agrees to work with him,if there happy to work for what he,s offreing then thats up to him if you have no job i think most people would work for £250 a week av had lads asking me to work for £30 a day to give them experience but due to the way work is at them moment i carnt do it but if thats what they will work for thats up to them and if you have the work to pay them more you will anyone who,s learning will be happy to work for £50 a day

Ivor bates wise up SGI is offering someone £50 per day as a trial period personally I think this is a very fair offer there is plenty of lads offering to work for nothing
If you want to take someone on with the rates your saying fair play to you again another great offer experience is the key to any good plumber IMHO you learn on site not in a classroom
So for anyone on this forum if your offering someone work you should be thanked not knocked for it

im working for a firm the now self employed and i'm getting £100 a day, thats me using my own van and finishing about half 5 6 most days, trying to get another job as the money is complete crap and i'm travelling to another city so at least £100 a week in diesel

going by the new overtime hours of 40 per week, I was recently working on site through an agency and was working 48 hours at standard rate, should i have been getting payed overtime for those 8 hours ??

oh well ,what can I say this world is full of people full of negativity !
by the way I did not see your post that you look for plumbers mate here ....or I you would not bother as the people here do not deserve a chance ....by the way Dave who was working with me last week had a wage of £120 a day as he was good worker and if he need a job again will have him and will train him as he still have lots to learn him self !

going by the new overtime hours of 40 per week, I was recently working on site through an agency and was working 48 hours at standard rate, should i have been getting payed overtime for those 8 hours ??

If the agency is charging the contractor an overtime rate, then yes.

Minimum wage for a plumber 14.55 p/h
Maximum wage 15.89 p/h
maximum wage per week £596 p/w

Unless you work over time.

Really, wonder how many people complain when they earn £3000 per week

Sorry but this is a load of rubbish, don't know what this applies to. but a difference of £1.40 per hour for gas experience and certification. don't think so.

Ooops nearly missed this one, so who's been telling you they earn £3k a week? lol

Ooops nearly missed this one, so who's been telling you they earn £3k a week? lol

was a theoretical question.

Ivor would you give a charity all your wages over the £15.89 per hour that is maximum wage?

I would just like to add that anyone who is genuinely wanting to gain experience and learn the industry would not be foolish enough to turn this offer down. I myself would chew both my arms off just to get as sniff at gaining the opportunity that SGI is offering and work my hard if i did...shame i dont have my own transport at the moment though as i live relatively close...damn!

Last edited by a moderator:
can't believe this jobs still up for grabs! My cscs card is in post to me today which will give me more options of where i can apply. I don't know what a decent wage is for the type of work being offered by SGI but i do know it's more than you'd be earning signing on so i don't know what all the fuss is about.

I can't believe that stan keeps asking and hardly any takers what a joke there is people on here every other day saying they want experience and will do anything to get it then a good member asks who wants experience they get knocked for doing it by other members utter nonsense and a total joke

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe that stan keeps asking and hardly any takers what a joke there is people on here every other day saying they want experience and will do anything to get it then a good member asks who wants experience they get knocked for doing it by other members utter nonsense and a total joke

It's the sudden realisation that they've got to work for some money, as opposed to seeing it come in while watching those morning auction programmes on telly (sorry, I don't know the names as I've no time to watch 'em)! It's also the stupid state system that gives such generous benefits that it seems it's not really worth going out to work.

Lol at these replies. your probally better off just recruiting someone in ruslip so he can jump in your van to your jobs you seem to travel quite abit. i doubt a poor apprentice can afford the travel TFL is a joke now and well exspensive.

Hi SGI,
Can you pm me so i can send you my cv. Im in the process of getting my cscs, i have some experience with domestic plumbing, installing pipework, showers etc and have done a fair bit of labour on housing renovation amongst other stuffwork quite a while back. I was made redundant last year, decided to get back into building/construction and I currently only have my plumbing tech cert but am very willing to work hard and learn. If the work is still available when i get my cscs and can sort some transport for my missus then i can use our transit tourneo van, as unfortunately she works and uses it at the moment. Im looking for a hatchback atm for her to use. My van is lpg converted so not too bad on fuel if i remember to fill it :p.
In any event i would definitely jump at the chance to gain experience and more knowledge as soon as i can be available, so if you are still after someone i will let you know asap. In the meantime, i can send you my cv and any other info you would like to see. I have some pics of recent work done if its useful.
If i was available right now and had my cscs, id jump at the chance for the opportunity.
I live in west kent btw, so dont think travel is too bad. id be happy to start off early anyway.

Many thanks

Paul

I must say that I would jump at a chance like this myself but to far and now working.
I got lucky in my area for help with my 6089 and he was really happy with me that he is willing to help me with my gas now.
I did my 6089 for free and I'm working now but being released as and when gas work comes in so my employer can get the rewards of extra work once I'm done.
I am shocked by how little a response has come off it as I also not long ago was pleading for help via yellow pages and walking into offices and asking.

I'd be in there accepting if I was still with my ex as she didn't live to far from there, but living in South Staffs its a long and expensive commute.

SGI, tell um they can have a break to watch Jeremy Kyle and they will be falling at your feet.

Psition is taken , have got really good lad working with us ! Really smashing them jobs . Boiler and 10 rads every day !Will be like this to x mas (I hope ) just can not fined time to do my own work and work all weekends !Is funny how when I was looking for a mate to join my team there was not even one person interest !

boiler and 10 rads every day ?? how many guys u got on the job, I'm under pressure to get systems done in 2 days if it drags any longer i dont make much money but got an induction coming up for a large company with better prices

Hi SGI,
i see you've sorted someone. If you need anyone else in the future please post on forum or message me as i am quite happy to graft, i've done plenty and not shy of putting the work in, as i have in the past. Still waiting for cscs to be sorted but please let us know if any more positions come up.
Many thanks

Plumbers mate wanted for job in North London n17Need to know how to fit rads and have CSCS Pls call Stan- 07900830869 Immediate start available no phone addicted plumbers , thank you !

It was hard work for you to get a decent lad stab but glad your sorted now mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbers mate wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock