Search the forum,

Discuss Planned systems - systems planning 3 hour exam city and guild level 3 6129 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joe brown

Does anybody have any information,help or tips on what is expected on this exam. Can anyone remember how tricky it was. Can you remember the key subjects that woud need to be studied. The reson i ask is we are currently about to sit the exam although we havent really recieved any training as such just the odd 5 minutes here and there...a few hours at the most. Any help would be very appreciated, Im not looking for answers to questions but for just anybody that has sit the exam to give as much feedback and help as possibe. once again thank you in advance.

Its pretty thorough. You have drainage and sanitation.
Heatloss calcs, discharge pipe routing and termination. Lots of stuff from building plans. Boiler sizing. Flue selection etc regs etc
Good luck
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

not being a pain but like all exams get your bum in a seat and revise all your work and notes, read the manuals and youll pass. i did mine late on and all the younger lads spent their night out on a thurs prior to a fri exam, out of around 15 in the class only 3-5 of us ever passed first time. The rest never cottoned on to the fact that a couple of nights nose down saved a lot of aggro and resits, later on. By yr 3 there was about 6 left, 2 of whom still failed every exam 1 and 2nd time, and they are out there now working away, cant think how they know enough to do it, but they may have had good bosses who gave them the experience. Good luck and get your nose in a manual

was there any cold water pipe sizing, been trying to revise but its bashing my head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Planned systems - systems planning 3 hour exam city and guild level 3 6129 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2 years ago) that had a single pipe heating system but over the years there have been some changes made to the system that meant it didn't work. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
I passed my city and guilds level 3 gas course and need to complete a portfolio. I have a job waiting for me with my local council, but need to complete this in order to work for them. It has been soooo stressful I've been let down so many times and keep having to tell my job that I have been...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I don't know if any of you could help me out but I cannot find any revision material and/or mock exams for the City and Guilds Electrics exam (6189-025), if anyone has any links, documents or other material and could possibly send, it would be very much appreciated. Cheers
Replies
Views
Vacancies within our Plumbing Team at City College Norwich Full time, £23.789 - £34,606 per annum dependant on appointment An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the City College Norwich Apprenticeships Team. Due to rising Industry demand we currently have vacancies for full time posts...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock